******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Root just says I don’t want to be captain anymore who will the ecb pick? Stokes be top of the list just because he is vice, it’s hard because of the performances of the whole team to pick one! Why they won’t give it to an Anderson or a Broad I don’t know well at least short term! Am sick of the ecb giving the captaincy to the best batsman to. The ecb are stuck in the 1920’s
ECB abandoned Test cricket around 10 years ago to concentrate on the cash cow of one day cricket and to ensure England had the best chance of winning the world cup in 2019.

This ultimately worked but at the cost of test cricket. Every player(in particular batsmen) introduced to the squad in the last 5 years have been brought up playing the one day game

They cannot construct an innings and they don't understand a test lasts for 5 days.

We are crying out for an Cook, Atherton or even a Boycott to occupy a crease and build an innings around that player.

The ECB need to changr this mindset drastically but will they considering all the money is now geared towards the one day game?

Probably not

So now your saying our leading run scorer in the series and also 3rd highest in the whole series should lose his place. You are completely deluded and can’t see past your hatred of root.

if everybody is questioning the lack of runs in the batting line up then yes
one man does not make a team i get it ? but if england just keep picking the same old shit then root should be big enough to say sorry am out

Who do you want as Captain?

don't care ? anybody
what harm can it do to change captains ? root can stay in the team batting at 3
the whole setup is wrong and the ECB are to blame and nothing is ever going to change and you can bet we line up pretty much the same in the next run of test in england

if everybody is questioning the lack of runs in the batting line up then yes
one man does not make a team i get it ? but if england just keep picking the same old shit then root should be big enough to say sorry am out
Who. Would. You. Pick. Instead. ???

Answer the question rather than state how shit Root is repeatedly.

Up until today, in this series, Australia’s tenth wicket partnership average was higher than England’s first wicket partnership average. That may have changed after today’s ‘success’, but it’s indicative of the problems facing England.

Just saw the final wicket. I can honestly say, that as a 12 year old schoolboy nothing would have prompted me to play a shot like that. Just appalling. What the fuck has happened to the England test side?

White ball riches.
Do think whilst it’s frustrating we must also say we are a very good white ball side. World champions and came very close in t20 world cups recently. Doesn’t excuse why we are so bad at test cricket but it’s not all doom and gloom in English cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.