******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow ? covid-19 gets a shout
10 innings roots has asked his batsman to bat and we have not made 300 sounds to me the batsman are not behind root or believe in his role

Who. Would. You. Pick. Instead. ???

Answer the question rather than state how shit Root is repeatedly.

i have answered the question ? anybody
how worst can somebody else be has captain ? i could pick 20 players as captains and maybe he would be shit at it
you never know until you have a go

Malan captained Middlesex before moving to Yorkshire and Burns captains Surrey, yet you never hear their names mentioned as successors. I’m not advocating them because I doubt they’re any better than Root, but there are players with captaincy experience, just that you cannot be sure they’ll even be in the team on merit.

One thing that has to change is the selection/decision making process. Some choices have been bizarre for years now, and that’s not down to Root alone.

Embarrassing. Many of them aren’t good enough, but there’s almost no-one else to select because most young cricketers seem coached to play limited overs cricket; a quick slog then back to the pavilion and their social media.

Root and Stokes are clearly very good Test players, floundering in system set up to maximise the income from white ball cricket. None of our other batsmen would be in a discussion of top Test players, not even close. They’re average journeymen county level players. Sadly they’re the only fish to pick from an increasingly drying up pool.

Test cricket just doesn’t seem to be relevant in this fast paced, all or nothing right now society, and that makes me very sad. No batsmen seem to be interested or indeed encouraged to grind out a win over five days.

The whole mindset of the ECB needs to change to try and get a new generation of batsmen interested and proud to play a Test match for England.

i have answered the question ? anybody
how worst can somebody else be has captain ? i could pick 20 players as captains and maybe he would be shit at it
you never know until you have a go
OK different question. How would this mystery captain have made a difference in the last 6 weeks.
Would he have turned Leach into a mystery spinner? Would he have got extra 5mph out of our seam attack? Would he have inspired the batters so much that 350+ scores became a matter of course?
I very much doubt a prime Mike Brearley could manage that.

My god, what a shambles. Sadly not only can we not bat, we've got no bottle. Utterly depressing. Needs a complete rethink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.