10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe that to be true as when he has the opportunity to do so he favours playing foden, kdb, gundogan, bernardo ahead of him. Remember in one game in particular he kept jack wide left and brought foden on to play cm which surprised me at the time as until then foden was almost always used either false 9 or lw

If Bernardo Silva transfer happened, this will be the plan for him this season.

Becoming a rotational player to Gundogan in 8 role, learning and adapting like he is currently do right now at wing.

Gobsmacked that people are concerned. I dont think one player has totally hit the ground running in there first season under pep. In fact the whole team struggled in his first season.

so many people thick as shite on here.

when has pep NOT improved a player in time? He even improved delph!!

ive got all night …

Think the only legitimate reasons to be laying into a player are if they clearly either (a) not putting a shift in or (b) playing for themselves and not the team or (c) going missing when needed to stand up.

I don’t see Grealish doing any of those things, so sure maybe you can be concerned about specific aspects of his integration into the team, but digging him out the way some have makes no sense to me. I’d imagine coming to City is a huge adjustment for him in numerous ways, not least of which is playing a completely different type of football to a completely different level. A price tag he didn’t control shouldn’t be used as a stick to beat him with, there’s plenty of people who hate us who are happy to do that without City fans joining in.

At the risk of digging up the past it used to really piss me off the abuse Edgehill got from some of our fans when half the time the poor sod was made to look worse because loads of his teammates were hiding. However, I could understand someone would end up being a lightning rod for our many frustrations in those days, albeit the wrong guy IMO.

Contrast that with our current situation, where it’s hard to see how it’s going to get much better than it is now, and I really don’t get why you’d waste energy getting angry about one of our squad. Just look at the state of some of those twats in trafford, numerous of whom are guilty of more than one of the three 'crimes again fans' I mentioned above.

Dislike him both as a footballer and as a human being. Got Man U written all over him. But I am not a City fan so maybe out of line airing my opinion on him (or any of your other players I don't have a stellar opinion of and there are a few, albeit the minority).
Do you know him as a human being then or just what you have read in the paper.

But why can’t we comment on his bang average to below par form now?

Why do we all have to wait 12 months before we’re allowed to even pass comment on whether he’s been worth signing or not thus far?

You do realise most posters on here laying down this idea are the same laughing their bollocks off at Sancho et al failing at other clubs months into their tenure?

And I still don’t understand what’s so wrong with some to expect, actually, for once we get a handful of class games in Pep’s first year as a signing. At 26, I’d expect it.
Home truths right here........

Too many excuses for him

He will come good hopefully but at the moment he is the odd one out in the starting 11....doing very very little except slow the game down and falling over....

Think the only legitimate reasons to be laying into a player are if they clearly either (a) not putting a shift in or (b) playing for themselves and not the team or (c) going missing when needed to stand up.

I don’t see Grealish doing any of those things, so sure maybe you can be concerned about specific aspects of his integration into the team, but digging him out the way some have makes no sense to me. I’d imagine coming to City is a huge adjustment for him in numerous ways, not least of which is playing a completely different type of football to a completely different level. A price tag he didn’t control shouldn’t be used as a stick to beat him with, there’s plenty of people who hate us who are happy to do that without City fans joining in.

At the risk of digging up the past it used to really piss me off the abuse Edgehill got from some of our fans when half the time the poor sod was made to look worse because loads of his teammates were hiding. However, I could understand someone would end up being a lightning rod for our many frustrations in those days, albeit the wrong guy IMO.

Contrast that with our current situation, where it’s hard to see how it’s going to get much better than it is now, and I really don’t get why you’d waste energy getting angry about one of our squad. Just look at the state of some of those twats in trafford, numerous of whom are guilty of more than one of the three 'crimes again fans' I mentioned above.
Its a city thing. Guy next to me picks a different player every year to moan about. I play a game in my head who it will be before each season

Played well yesterday, don’t understand the angst.
I’m firmly in the give him time camp but he was very poor yesterday. The rest of the side did every well in tight areas and the likes of Sterling and Bernado retained possession when they had 3/4 players around them, whereas jack gave it away.

Gotta give him a season and he’ll come good.

Dislike him both as a footballer and as a human being. Got Man U written all over him. But I am not a City fan so maybe out of line airing my opinion on him (or any of your other players I don't have a stellar opinion of and there are a few, albeit the minority).
So what are you here for?

There were a few players yesterday that had better games but his performance wasn’t poor and his work rate certainly shouldn’t be questioned.
Think that was his toughest shift for us so far in regards pressing and defensive work.
His miss will give plenty of ammunition to those looking for it though so it’s down to him to put these chances away. If he keeps missing big chances he will keep putting himself under pressure which is just how football is, it’s the fine lines.
Thought he contributed well overall in another game we won.
That’ll do for now. Moving forward he will be rightly expected to deliver much more but even then, for the odd poster, it won’t be enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.