Patrick Roberts | Sold to Sunderland

Seems a big fee for a League One club to pay when he’s out of contract in June.

His biggest mistake was wanting to go back to Celtic for a year instead of playing in the PL where he was wanted by several clubs.
You could argue Celtic should have stumped up the cash and bought him outright at that point. Once he got a knock the second year it all went down hill. If he was there full time player maybe they would have put more time and effort into getting him back to full fitness and form. That is the issue with being on loan, the clubs have little invested in you and if it goes a bit wrong they just move on.

Good luck to him at Sunderland.

I hope that this doesn't mess up Sunderland's promotion push. I hope he does well there but obviously not the most reliable player at delivering performances.
I only ever saw him play for Celtic at The Etihad.

Seems a big fee for a League One club to pay when he’s out of contract in June.

His biggest mistake was wanting to go back to Celtic for a year instead of playing in the PL where he was wanted by several clubs.
"The upfront fee is thought to be nominal, but the potential still seen in Roberts is reflected in clauses that could ultimately see the Black Cats end up paying City £3m"

Depends on what the clauses are and whether he helps them get promoted, if he does it'll be worth it for them.

Good luck to the lad.

Hopefully the "clauses" wont be like the ones italian clubs put in when they buy our players. Tap dance with elvis on the moon, hattrick in the world cup final, 700 goals in a season etc

I hope that this doesn't mess up Sunderland's promotion push. I hope he does well there but obviously not the most reliable player at delivering performances.
I only ever saw him play for Celtic at The Etihad.
Could he be their Rodney Marsh?

For @Stockport mackem and all Sunderland supporters, I hope not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.