Patrick Roberts | Sold to Sunderland

he'll have made some decent money, but holy fuck what a strange career
I suspect that he would, or should. be quite pleased. He was a tidy player, had a lot of quality but he would have found the competition quite fierce, and didn't seem to be able to extract the necessary percentage that would get him into City's first team. He might have hit his ceiling.

I suspect that he would, or should. be quite pleased. He was a tidy player, had a lot of quality but he would have found the competition quite fierce, and didn't seem to be able to extract the necessary percentage that would get him into City's first team. He might have hit his ceiling.
did really well at celtic, probably should have signed a permanent deal up there! Could have got him a decent move to a Prem side by now

Seems a big fee for a League One club to pay when he’s out of contract in June.

His biggest mistake was wanting to go back to Celtic for a year instead of playing in the PL where he was wanted by several clubs.
He wanted assured glory & adulation in a one team league, over career progression. He believed his one season hype, fucked himself & pissed off City... \0/

did really well at celtic, probably should have signed a permanent deal up there! Could have got him a decent move to a Prem side by now
The rumor was we were ready to sell him to Southampton after he did well at Celtic and he threw his toys out the pram and forced a move back to Celtic then he fell apart.

Good Luck at Sunderland. This is a good move for him because Sunderland are a genuine sleeping giant. He was such an exciting young player and it's sad that it didn't work out for him at City. I think going to Scotland was a mistake although he did very well there. He needed to prove himself at a higher level of football. It would not surprise me if in two or three seasons we see Patrick Roberts playing in the Premier League for Sunderland. I haven't seen him play for a long time but as a young player he was very exciting. Not the quickest of wide forwards but as skilful as any.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.