Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still dont see Txiki getting on his knee front of Raiola and do as the fat Italian wants.
I would love Haaland here especially at a fee of 65m pounds which is way under the going rate for a talent like he is (without this clause fee Dortmund easily could ask north of 125m for him)

Txiki does have a history being able to close deals when there is a release clause fee and no negotiation involved especially in higher value deals.
But the negotiation here involves more the agent/salary side and I am not sure how much Txiki will bend while imo Perez at Real or PSG would be more flexible.

We should be flexible too given the money we can save on the transfer fee portion, bot how flexible that is the question.

Should he become the top earner at City which could be 100-200-300k more than current regulars like Ederson, Dias, Walker, Bernardo, Rodri, KDB etc?

This is still a long soap opera imo with many twist and probably final destination still changing every two weeks in media reports until June.

I fully expect PSG to make a move especially if they end up being out of CL against Real Madrid already in March and Mbappe does leave them for free. They most likely will bring in Zidane and they will want a top attacker for that. They already showed they do like deals like this when thet got Messi, Ramos, Wijnaldum, Donnarumma for a total cost of zero and they happily spent higher maybe on the salary side.
Haaland is about the same, 65m is a generous fee for someone who can rule the next 10 years at any top league, with high resale value if it comes to that, but salary, agent fees will add up a lot guaranteed.

Real is certainly in the mix, no matter what online reports say. They can find the money, no question about that, and they also showed no issue of moving out Ramos, Varane and their wages, and they will do the same with Hazard, Bale too.
They still havent really replaced CR, they built up Vinicius Junior who is a top talent, also flopped a bit with Jovic, but they can still move him for a good fee.
They also need big investment in the midfield as Kroos Modric wont be able to deliver forever.

Even Barca with their billion in debt imo could find the money to sign him with some financial tricks. Laporta is hell of a magician.

Raiola probably sitting back and will try to play out bidders against each other for the highest value. And thats where I dont see Txiki winning, so I am ok if we get Plan B, plan C options ready in the meantime. There are a few quality , clinical strikers who would do great for us. Haaland is top of the list.

Also I am certain wherever Haaland goes he wont spend 8-10 seasons here, more likely 4-5 and then makes a big change again. Wonder if he signs a 6 year contract anywhere, imo it will be a 5 year contract or Raiola might be able to push through a 4 year one, so in 3 years the club will face a situation of selling him for lower fee or risk letting him go free.
The fact he managed to put Dortmund in this situation with this clause now worked out rather perfectly for Raiola/Haaland.
Of course if he really settles, wherever he goes and will get a family, kids who wouldnt want to leave maybe he would spend his career like Benzema at Real, or Aguero at City, but I think he wants to try La Liga and PL. which order I dont know.
And wouldnt take PSG out of this one. I expect Real M. to beat them in CL next week, and that can trigger some heavy transfer action at PSG owners and Pochettino's position will be shit as well.
Not much to disagree with in there.

I would add he lives in Marbella and likes the good life already. Whether that works for him here, I’m not sure. Spain seems tailor-made, and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see Madrid offer a “next year” deal if above €65M to get him to wait until they get Mbappe and ask him to be part of their next generation.

Dortmund would be happy to keep him, and if he’s determined to go to Madrid, one year is nothing at his age.

Personally, I’m not sure Pep wants him. He doesn’t like larger than life personalities, as they quickly become disruptive. I think he much prefers malleable & humble. Gives him more to work with!

Anyone else think that his destination has actually been sorted? For months there were hourly tweets, reports etc and now it’s pretty much gone dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.