Your favourite Python sketch.

As an aside to the sketches you could buy Python LP's.
One was brilliant. One one side of the LP there were two sets of grooves. The record sleeve didn't tell you this so you put it on and it would start with a sketch and run for 10-15 minutes, the next time you put it on you might get the same start and obviously think nothing of it. On the other hand you could start with a totally different sketch that you hadn't heard which was really confusing.

I have that album.

My Brother's favourite sketch was one called Exchange and Mart. Except I can't find it. It's a job interview and at one point the interviewee says it's "not for sale". The Exchange and Mart bloke says incredulously "Not for sale? What does that mean?"

Has him in stiches every time.

I have that album.

My Brother's favourite sketch was one called Exchange and Mart. Except I can't find it. It's a job interview and at one point the interviewee says it's "not for sale". The Exchange and Mart bloke says incredulously "Not for sale? What does that mean?"

Has him in stiches every time.
Is it Matching Tie and Handkerchief? The LP that is, not the sketch.

As an aside to the sketches you could buy Python LP's.
One was brilliant. One one side of the LP there were two sets of grooves. The record sleeve didn't tell you this so you put it on and it would start with a sketch and run for 10-15 minutes, the next time you put it on you might get the same start and obviously think nothing of it. On the other hand you could start with a totally different sketch that you hadn't heard which was really confusing.
I didn't know that?

I've got digital versions of their records so that is lost on them.

They wrote to make people think as well as laugh.

Coming from very different backgrounds they all contributed in a magnificent way.

Now Cleese Is going on his cancel culture your I'm surprised more people who haven't listened or studied Python will use that argument the cancel argument to destroy their legacy. Just like they did to Spike Milligan. Another comic genius who's works was half a century ahead of its time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.