Top 115 Female Music Artists Results | No.1 page 63

in the distant past I remember the first time I heard Wuthering Wuthering Wuthering- a Heights On the radio, and it was quite obviously going to be a number 1 smash.

I loved listening to both Kate and Debbie when I was a 14/15 year old girl. Together with The Specials and The Jam they were my absolute favourites during those years at the end of the 70s/beginning of the 80s.
People say Debbie's voice isn't "that good" but trust me, it is. Was lucky enough to see Blondie live twice in the 90s and her voice was great. It had a kind of melodic sneer that few can carry off. She had everything, and her worldwide success was a testament of that.
Kate is a complete "one off." Bit like marmite, and you either love her or don't get her at all. She is unique though, and I think she was the first ever female singer/songwriter to get to number 1 in the UK.
I had read "Wuthering Heights" for the first time just a few months before her single of the same name was released. I loved it immediately. And now here was a young girl/woman who somehow translated that book into music and did it in a way that took my breath away.
When she released her second single "Man with the Child in his eyes" it was so far away from her first single that you just knew this girl had a breadth of vision and musical range that was second to none. Her ability was astounding, particularly when you listen to her first 2 albums.
As I've got older (and she has) I have felt myself driving away a little from her music. Yet isn't that how it often is? Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.
She was phenomenal.

I loved listening to both Kate and Debbie when I was a 14/15 year old girl. Together with The Specials and The Jam they were my absolute favourites during those years at the end of the 70s/beginning of the 80s.
People say Debbie's voice isn't "that good" but trust me, it is. Was lucky enough to see Blondie live twice in the 90s and her voice was great. It had a kind of melodic sneer that few can carry off. She had everything, and her worldwide success was a testament of that.
Kate is a complete "one off." Bit like marmite, and you either love her or don't get her at all. She is unique though, and I think she was the first ever female singer/songwriter to get to number 1 in the UK.
I had read "Wuthering Heights" for the first time just a few months before her single of the same name was released. I loved it immediately. And now here was a young girl/woman who somehow translated that book into music and did it in a way that took my breath away.
When she released her second single "Man with the Child in his eyes" it was so far away from her first single that you just knew this girl had a breadth of vision and musical range that was second to none. Her ability was astounding, particularly when you listen to her first 2 albums.
As I've got older (and she has) I have felt myself driving away a little from her music. Yet isn't that how it often is? Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.
She was phenomenal.
Great post

Only discovered this a week or so back; it came up on shuffle while I was listening to my phone at work....

It's a masterful lyrical performance

I only heard this for the first time myself about 10 years ago (no idea why!). But yes, it's heartbreakingly beautiful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.