Russian invasion of Ukraine

Right - what happened to Brexit? We took back control. Kick the ambassador out - shut down the embassy - make trading with illegal with a prison term attached - the EU is split ( and I was a Remainer so not happy but ) tell the Italians and Germans they do the same or no VW's nor parts, no Bosch white goods and no German airlines are welcome - same with Italy - stick you 500's and your wine you are not acting proportionately.

If Brexit and global Britain means anything we need strong action and coercion to demonstrate we have clout and we are decisive - if not fuck it sorry Ukraine and EU you have really let the side down

Absolutely fuck all to do with British taxpayers in 2022 and India didn’t even exist as a country until the British turned up. It was several rival kingdoms.

They can afford to send people to space but cannot afford to feed their poor so our taxpayers should?

No chance.

again another country who should feel the international effects of their decisions - if they cannot step up and support our support for Ukraine what makes them think they are deserving of our support going forward? I understand the soft diplomacy that comes with financial aid but its a 2 way street - if a country wants our aid but then doesn't want to support us back then what are we supporting them for?

Absolutely fuck all to do with British taxpayers in 2022 and India didn’t even exist as a country until the British turned up. It was several rival kingdoms.

They can afford to send people to space but cannot afford to feed their poor so our taxpayers should?

No chance.
We are a wealthy country due to exploiting the empire. They only existed as a country once the british left actually.

We are a wealthy country due to exploiting the empire. They only existed as a country once the british left actually.
You only get an empire by being wealthy in the first place, dear.

They were never a country before Britain arrived, you are right, and they’ve benefited from our advancements but we committed atrocities.

So where does that leave us?

By not charging our taxpayers is my opinion.

NATO must have a fair number of jets patrolling the border with russia, there have been at least 3 air tankers flying circuits in northern Romania, and eastern Poland for most of today, mostly US planes out of Mildenhall, but a couple of ours as well.

There's also a US drone patrolling the Black Sea off Crimea at very high level.

(All these can be viewed on flightradar24 on the free internet, so the russians will also know this.)

You only get an empire by being wealthy in the first place, dear.

They were never a country before Britain arrived, you are right, and they’ve benefited from our advancements but we committed atrocities.

So where does that leave us?

By not charging our taxpayers is my opinion.

I'd tend to disagree with the first bit tbh - Indian princes were dripping with wealth - as were the South American civilizations - what they lacked was the understanding of a greater world outside their borders and the ambition to conquer - you could argue Inca wealth if turned to ships - soldiers - sailors and expansionism could have sailed across the Atlantic and laid waste to Spain ( and a lot of southern Europe probably ) they simply lacked the knowledge and the desire - by the time they wised up it was too late

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.