Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't the Liverpool Echo just do a post match Champions League, Manchester City supplement?

If you thought Putin was was good at properganda, he hasn't got anything on the Liverpool Echo.

Screenshot-20220310-083150.png

Screenshot-20220310-125617.png

Screenshot-20220310-125602.png
Obsessed..........

My experience is that the word “Manchester” has been synonymous with “United” for my entire life. Indeed, traveling the world, the mere mention of being from Manchester elicits “Manchester United.”

In fact, in the pre-Mansour era, because of the way most teams are based on the name of their town, the word “Manchester” actually MEANT “Manchester United”!

CFG is a branding effort to secure the word “City” for us is, in my opinion, BECAUSE of the above fact.

It is much easier to say “City” in any language on earth than the whole thing, especially when you would have to overcome the tears of “Manchester” being associated with the Rags.

As foreign owners, I think management understands this friction and seeks to avoid it, while creating a new narrative.

I don’t think it is coincidence that the East Stand (directly opposite the TV cameras!!!) is now emblazoned with “CITY” or that “City” is being used on leisurewear.

Yes, it is painful for Manchester locals to think of their home town as associated with the Rags, but outside of a 60 mile radius of Piccadilly, no-one really cares about us making the “they’re not even in Manchester” reference!

Sadly, when football blew up on satellite TV and then internet cable, United were on top and we were doing the roundtrip through the Leagues. That isn’t going to change with time, so why spend precious money and effort trying to change it?

We are always going to be Man City, with the “City” part being the defining characteristic, so why not promote that.

It was clear from the outset of the Holding Company being named that the GLOBAL project was about helping make the team name “City” synonymous with Man City as the halo club, but in also (wherever and whenever feasible) having CFG clubs carry that name and wear the sky blue…which is yet another branding effort.

The hope is that when the word “City” or the sky blue shirt colour is seen on a team, the footballing public THINKS Man City/CFG.

If we can accomplish that, commercial contracts become ever more valuable and the global football “istree” of “Manchester” being synonymous with the Rags becomes ever more irrelevant.
That’s a pretty fair assessment ChicagoBlue, you’ve certainly given me a different way of looking at it. We should probably embrace being called “City” in general circumstances.

Out in the car and was listening to Talking Balls on radio Manc. Was half an hour Rags talking about winning the Champs League (!), 7 mins of City re Stones and Laporte and then back to United and Marcus Rashford. Turned it over then. Is it always like that ?.
I don't listen to it often, but whenever I have it's been skewed heavily towards the reds, the bloke is insufferable too in my opinion. Many of the Blues that ring in seem to be scum apologists too. :P

Radio 5 discussing football club ownership on the back of Chelsea. Callers saying clubs should be fan owned/majority owned and return to the Community feel of old. Burnley fan going on about’state’ owned clubs , example City and PSG 'and it is not competitive because of the money that is put in and the game needs cleaning up by a new regulator……
Did anyone say anything about how millions of Chinese, lndian and other far distant fans get involved in these 'community' clubs?
Sky and then other TV monies attracted the foreign owners and that it was the greed for these monies by the likes of the rags, dippers and other big city clubs that pushed it all along.
Get rid of City and all you get is Liverpool and the rags winning everything, getting more money into the pockets of American owners and Burnley and other hateful eight owners being richer but still be crap also rans.

Yes, many agents, managers and players from Europe regularly refer to us as "City", plain and simple. It's perfect for us and CFG.
Birmingham, Bradford, Bristol, Cardiff, Coventry, Exeter, Hull, Leicester, Lincoln, Norwich, Oxford, Salford, Stoke, Swansea, York.

And yet everyone knows who City are. I like it, I like it a lot

Perusing The Times sports section and came across Simon Jordan article, thought he might mention us and guess what?……

”Mansour waltzing in and distort the financial ecosystem by throwing enormous sums at it”…..

“dirty cash”……..

can’t let it go

Who thinks Fernandinho has been treated unfairly, a faceless, nameless source close to a faceless, nameless player. It’s an article about how great Fernandinho is & yet after all that he’s been treated badly by City.
He doesn’t look unhappy, his behaviours aren’t that of someone unhappy & I think you’d be hard pressed to find evidence of City treating him unfairly, it’s a shit sandwich.
Ferna plays and behaves exactly as l would expect from a man of his calibre and a player of his ability two months short of his 37th birthday should. When not playing he is encouraging others and l hope very.much he will stay in some capacity at City.
Write and compare his attitude and team spirit with another player a bit older but vastly different just down the road Lee and l might think you are a journalist doing a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.