Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some **** from Mirror football has described us as "the Etihad stadium outfit".

What an utter ****!. Were Manchester City and proud of it, you utter ****!

What a bitter fuckin' wank weasel the **** is.
In what context?

It's a common phrase to use when speaking of a Club,

Unless it was used to have a dig then you're point stands ;-)

eg.

The Anfield outfit
The St James'Park outfit
The Old Trafford shambolic outfit.

Perusing The Times sports section and came across Simon Jordan article, thought he might mention us and guess what?……

”Mansour waltzing in and distort the financial ecosystem by throwing enormous sums at it”…..

“dirty cash”……..

can’t let it go
Fuckin Jordan,

Buys a Club cos he thought he could make a load more money for himself, loses a load and gets pissed off at seeing someone else do it right.

Ends up as a shock Joc' on a parody national radio station.

Did anyone say anything about how millions of Chinese, lndian and other far distant fans get involved in these 'community' clubs?
Sky and then other TV monies attracted the foreign owners and that it was the greed for these monies by the likes of the rags, dippers and other big city clubs that pushed it all along.
Get rid of City and all you get is Liverpool and the rags winning everything, getting more money into the pockets of American owners and Burnley and other hateful eight owners being richer but still be crap also rans.
You say liverpool but they didn't challenge for 20 years before we started to mount a challenge.

Their fans are like Dad's Army, fought in the First WW, disappeared for 20 years then crawled out of football following retirement to fill the gaps at anfield 20 years later, vintage 70's scarves and flags in hand!

Rewrite history that lot!

Yes, many agents, managers and players from Europe regularly refer to us as "City", plain and simple. It's perfect for us and CFG.
Suits me fine. After the the derby l saw some of the watchalong compilation, noting that they always call their team Manchester United no matter how many times they refer to them. I never put Manchester before City unless l am abroad or in some distant part of UK.
All this using the full version even by Mancunians is weird and seem to be done by design.

nobody ever seems to add up the millions of pounds Emirates threw into Arsenal accounts over the years. shirt sponsor, stadium naming rights, since long long years. whats the total income of all that to date?

is that sportwashing? why Arsenal lets that? should we ask them to get all that money sent back to Emirates and tell them we dont want your sportwashing money?

Tarig Panja, Delaney please investigate THIS.

My experience is that the word “Manchester” has been synonymous with “United” for my entire life. Indeed, traveling the world, the mere mention of being from Manchester elicits “Manchester United.”

In fact, in the pre-Mansour era, because of the way most teams are based on the name of their town, the word “Manchester” actually MEANT “Manchester United”!

CFG is a branding effort to secure the word “City” for us is, in my opinion, BECAUSE of the above fact.

It is much easier to say “City” in any language on earth than the whole thing, especially when you would have to overcome the tears of “Manchester” being associated with the Rags.

As foreign owners, I think management understands this friction and seeks to avoid it, while creating a new narrative.

I don’t think it is coincidence that the East Stand (directly opposite the TV cameras!!!) is now emblazoned with “CITY” or that “City” is being used on leisurewear.

Yes, it is painful for Manchester locals to think of their home town as associated with the Rags, but outside of a 60 mile radius of Piccadilly, no-one really cares about us making the “they’re not even in Manchester” reference!

Sadly, when football blew up on satellite TV and then internet cable, United were on top and we were doing the roundtrip through the Leagues. That isn’t going to change with time, so why spend precious money and effort trying to change it?

We are always going to be Man City, with the “City” part being the defining characteristic, so why not promote that.

It was clear from the outset of the Holding Company being named that the GLOBAL project was about helping make the team name “City” synonymous with Man City as the halo club, but in also (wherever and whenever feasible) having CFG clubs carry that name and wear the sky blue…which is yet another branding effort.

The hope is that when the word “City” or the sky blue shirt colour is seen on a team, the footballing public THINKS Man City/CFG.

If we can accomplish that, commercial contracts become ever more valuable and the global football “istree” of “Manchester” being synonymous with the Rags becomes ever more irrelevant.

Wasnt it David Pleat the ex Luton manager who when commentating on the rags on 5 live, would just call them Manchester ?. After 10 minutes of shouting at the radio they arent from Manchester I would just turn the radio off. I fucking hated them just being called Manchester.

Last edited:
Suits me fine. After the the derby l saw some of the watchalong compilation, noting that they always call their team Manchester United no matter how many times they refer to them. I never put Manchester before City unless l am abroad or in some distant part of UK.
All this using the full version even by Mancunians is weird and seem to be done by design.
Yonner Neville is the worst when commentating.

"Manch Unarted" "Manch Unarted" ....every 5 minutes.

Last edited:
You say liverpool but they didn't challenge for 20 years before we started to mount a challenge.

Their fans are like Dad's Army, fought in the First WW, disappeared for 20 years then crawled out of football following retirement to fill the gaps at anfield 20 years later, vintage 70's scarves and flags in hand!

Rewrite history that lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.