Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

Klippety stated that was the Dippers best first half performance under his management , the fact we gifted them a goal and played with a makeshift defence has to be taken into account , apart from the three goals i cannot remember Steffen having to make a save of any relevance.
Yet again if we had been as efficient as the Dippers at taking opportunities , whsiper it , we would have won the game in normal time , the first half was a disaster but we were a goalkeepers fingertips away from taking the game to extra time at the minimum
If that's the Dippers best then i have no worries about a possible Champs league final when we have a full strength motivated team backed by thousands of Blues in Paris , bring it on.

Does anybody know how many tickets we actually sold? The usual piss taking is annoying but personally give all the circumstances I'd consider taking 20,000 to Wembley pretty good no matter what the morons say.

You just can't tell 100% from an angled picture - I hate to do this as I've had a similar conversation in the VAR thread on offsides.

But to give an idea of why this isn't clear - have a look at the posts - they don't line up with the goal line because the photo is taken from slightly further up the pitch. This shows that anything above the goal line will appear further to the left the higher it is. That means the ball is going to appear further left in comparison to the goal line than it really is. Given that the whole of the ball has to be over the line, and it's pretty much just there, even in this picture, it looks like it's fine to me.

Does anybody know how many tickets we actually sold? The usual piss taking is annoying but personally give all the circumstances I'd consider taking 20,000 to Wembley pretty good no matter what the morons say.

I posted the below in the Talksport thread…

I stayed in London over the weekend and have just got back. Our hotel was in Paddington. Paddington station was full of Liverpool ‘fans’ after the game going back to the South West. Prior to the game I was in a pub in Baker Street. Talking to a bunch of Liverpool fans from Wolverhampton. To me these fans that follow Liverpool (and United) are the definition of glory hunters. They have zero connection to Liverpool as a city. Is it a coincidence that these people choose to support one of the two most successful clubs in the the country and world? No it isn’t, they can’t be bothered supporting their local team and have taken the easy route. The same goes for these presenters who pop up on TS with southern accents and support United or Liverpool. They are glory hunters that get to spout their shite on national radio and the social media fan boys lap it up.

Last edited:
Hard to tell if all the ball was over the line sure I heard some twat blow a whistle as well no doubt it was fully verified by VAR anyway, I'd hate to call the F.A. in anyway bias.
I definitely heard a few whistles too, thought the ref had blown for an infringement, seemed like a few players thought the same because it was such an easy header for them to score.

You just can't tell 100% from an angled picture - I hate to do this as I've had a similar conversation in the VAR thread on offsides.

But to give an idea of why this isn't clear - have a look at the posts - they don't line up with the goal line because the photo is taken from slightly further up the pitch. This shows that anything above the goal line will appear further to the left the higher it is. That means the ball is going to appear further left in comparison to the goal line than it really is. Given that the whole of the ball has to be over the line, and it's pretty much just there, even in this picture, it looks like it's fine to me.
I’ve no idea Bluenova, someone asked for a photo and I’d been sent this one. I was at the game and don’t remember our players making a fuss about it?

I posted the below in the Talksport thread…

I stayed in London over the weekend and have just got back. Our hotel was in Paddington. Paddington station was full of Liverpool ‘fans’ after the game going back to the South West. Prior to the game I was in a pub in Baker Street. Talking to a bunch of Liverpool fans from Wolverhampton. To me these fans that follow Liverpool (and United) are the definition of glory hunters. They have zero connection to Liverpool as a city. Is it a coincidence that these people choose to support one of the two most successful clubs in the the country and world? No it isn’t, they can’t be bothered supporting their local team and have taken the easy route. The same goes for these presenters who pop up on TS with southern accents and support United or Liverpool. They are glory hunters get to spout their shite on national radio and the social media fan boys lap it up.

Well said. I've got no idea when this weird obsession started with attendances but even when we were shit we were amongst the top four attendances in England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.