It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

It does prove that on the basis of goals and assits, he currently shits over any other Brazlian from under 22.

There is a pattern here, revisit your post from few months ago where you said that Nunez was only good enough for the likes of West Ham, and all of a sudden now he can play for PSG and could be the next Cavani! Repeated the same rehearsed nonsense when we got linked with Enzo Fernández.

Either you are not an expert on South American players or you suffer from ethnolinguistic bias, take your pick. You can not legitimately claim that Kayky who is quite clearly not rated by Pep, according to his recent comments about our bench strength, is "more ready" than Alvarez, and then just don't go into defensive mode when someone highlights it.
Totally agree with this post.
Let’s face it Gus mate, you have no fucking idea how either Kayky or Alvarez will turn out for City.
Personally I put my trust in MCFC’s scouting structure to spot talent anywhere in the world, be it Europe or South America.
Quite honestly I find your posts condescending (I refer to Gus btw)
I suppose the likes of Tevez and Aguero were also unproven when they played in S America yet I seem to remember they turned out ok in the premiership.
Stop digging holes for yourself Gus man…you have no idea how these guys will turn out and nor do any of us.

I hope we keep Jesus and Zinchenko. Both will be greatly missed imo.

My out list is ...
1. Mendy obviously
2. Sterling

My in list is ...
1. Haaland obviously
2. A RB. Urgently need a Walker equivalent.
3. Alvarez
4. Fernandinho replacement- if he must go.

Do we have the space in the squad for 2 extras?

I suppose the likes of Tevez and Aguero were also unproven when they played in S America yet I seem to remember they turned out ok in the premiership.
Stop digging holes for yourself Gus man…you have no idea how these guys will turn out and nor do any of us.
Tevez had experience of a slow season at West Ham before he moved to United. Aguero had years at Atletico, therefore having European experience. I am giving out an opinion backed by clear points. Feel free to disagree! I do not understand, however, the necessity to go around calling me condescending. I wasn’t being disrespectful

Tevez had experience of a slow season at West Ham before he moved to United. Aguero had years at Atletico, therefore having European experience. I am giving out an opinion backed by clear points. Feel free to disagree! I do not understand, however, the necessity to go around calling me condescending. I wasn’t being disrespectful
But you appear to be quite happy to “do down” our signings and suggest you have superior knowledge to probably one if not the best scouting organisation around.
Let’s face it, they’ve not got many things wrong in the past decade or so have they?
Maybe they should sound you out first as you appear to have such in depth knowledge.
As for comparing S American leagues to European leagues I have literally no idea how that relates to individual players performance and potential nor surely should anyone for certain.

Was just thinking, I miss Sunday Supplement ! Don't you?
I think Sky have really dropped a bollock by cancelling that show.

The talking points on that show often dictated the football football talking points both in real life and on social media up until the Super Sunday game.

I get the new owners might not want to give airtime to rival media companies, but that show often set the football agenda and was free advertising for Sky really.

But you appear to be quite happy to “do down” our signings and suggest you have superior knowledge to probably one if not the best scouting organisation around.
Let’s face it, they’ve not got many things wrong in the past decade or so have they?
Maybe they should sound you out first as you appear to have such in depth knowledge.
As for comparing S American leagues to European leagues I have literally no idea how that relates to individual players performance and potential nor surely should anyone for certain.
My friend, it seems you are misunderstanding my points. I am not “doing down” Alvarez, all I am saying is that people should manage their expectations about HIS START with us because I am reading a lot of wild predictions and expectations that are, above all, unfair to the player, who will need to be given time to settle. And I say this not thinking that I have “superior knowledge” than the club, quite the opposite, but rather being sure that this slow approach will be the one taken by Pep with him, hence why I compare him to Ferran Torres, who was also given spare opportunities in his first season, and in his second, had he not have had an injury and had stayed, would have been given even more.
When I compare the Argentinian league vs the Premier League (not to mention continental cups), it’s because everything is EXTREMELY different. The level of defending, the tactical organization of all teams, the overall quality of players, among other factors, is from almost another world. Alvarez will get used to it with time and I suspect will EVENTUALLY fully catch up, but it NATURALLY won’t be immediate, especially as Pep will slowly AND SMARTLY ease him in. It’s not like even in the River Plate first team he started at this best level right away.
I hope I have clarified MY perspective, which you don’t have to agree with, but which I have not delivered in the tone that you seem to be assuming

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.