Oldham Athletic thread

Another example of dodgy ownership crippling a local club.
This isn’t good for the economy and community of the affected towns.It even stretches to issues of mental and physical health. I’d rather see a thriving lower league scene in the GM area.

I know it’s not necessarily the end of the world dropping into level 5 but I’d rather see the likes of Oldham, Bury and Stockport in the EFL than the likes of Crawley, Sutton and Stevenage.

Abandoned. Assume this means they are gone.

No love for Oldham, can’t forget how they delighted in our demise but I do have a few Latic mates who I do feel for. There but for the grace and all that…

Symptomatic of the decline of the town as a whole though. Used to be a really vibrant, bustling town. It’s a ghost town now.
Did it? I remember it as always being a bleak freezing cold shithole

Not that great.. they had a dodgy plastic pitch which they trained on every day and knew like the back of their hands. Gave them a ridiculously unfair advantage at boundary park
I tried using that excuse decades ago when Andy Goram hit me out of the ground in some charity cricket game for the biggest 6 I've ever seen. If it ever landed it was in Yorkshire

Coming on to the pitch and turning aggression at away fans has won them no friends this season.

They won't be missed.

There’s always banter between football fans especially locally however seeing a local club drop out of the football league isnt anything for city fans to gloat about. We’re better than that as a fanbase. Let’s not get like those arrogant self entitled lot in Trafford.

Oldham were treated badly by the last and present owners. Yes the owners will probably change again but who suffers when it goes wrong it’s the fans. Who knows where we would have been without our brilliant owner?

Personally I know a few Oldham season ticket holders and they support their club just as much we do. There the ones I feel for.

I’m all for supporting our local teams. Bury have gone which is great shame lets hope others don’t follow the same route.
Are we? We had fans last week booing and shouting comments about Heysel during a Hillsborough silence. We’ve got as many scum bags supporting us as anyone.

We aren’t any more special or different to any set of fans in the country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.