Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I turned nasa down waiting for musk to give me a call. :-)

with a 1 goal lead the % should be in our favour but I don’t think it is. They are at home & will score. We miss too many chances is my point. I would say they are favourites
So how do you explain their performance at home against Chelsea having a 3-1 lead from the first leg??? City will win the tie unlike Chelsea …

Just rewatched it.

We absolutely murdered them. They couldn’t live with us at all.

Most of their chances came from our own mistakes not them cutting through us.

We’ll fuck them all over Spain next week.
Nice one Stoned, I thought that last night and didn't buy any of Bluemoon risings Fanny wipes. However come Leeds I might make a purchase ;-)

So how do you explain their performance at home against Chelsea having a 3-1 lead from the first leg??? City will win the tie unlike Chelsea …

I think it's an all new ball game over there next week, the pressure of knowing your going through or out is a big deal. Players are human and will feel the pressure, and mistakes can happen from both teams. Let's not forget the part their stadium and fans have on the game, they will be after and wanting everything from the officials and players can lose their heads.

I remember pep saying about 3 years ago if Manchester city want to be Champions League winners then we have to learn to play the away leg's at the big clubs because of the pressure the home fans bring to the games and the effect they have on the officials and referee.

Make no bones about it, Real Madrid will get the rub of the green, and it will be a home advantage of an 80% to 20% split and the city players have to handle it and not lose their heads.

We have the quality to beat them that's not in question, it's the mental side and the pressure we may lack, and it only takes one moment to lose your head, and we will be out in a flash heading home with tails between our legs

I think it's an all new ball game over there next week, the pressure of knowing your going through or out is a big deal. Players are human and will feel the pressure, and mistakes can happen from both teams. Let's not forget the part their stadium and fans have on the game, they will be after and wanting everything from the officials and players can lose their heads.

I remember pep saying about 3 years ago if Manchester city want to be Champions League winners then we have to learn to play the away leg's at the big clubs because of the pressure the home fans bring to the games and the effect they have on the officials and referee.

Make no bones about it, Real Madrid will get the rub of the green, and it will be a home advantage of an 80% to 20% split and the city players have to handle it and not lose their heads.

We have the quality to beat them that's not in question, it's the mental side and the pressure we may lack, and it only takes one moment to lose your head, and we will be out in a flash heading home with tails between our legs
Well we have already proved we won't be kicked off the meadow by some poxy club from Madrid, fuck em :-)

Now that's the one thing I would say is that Ederson stayed put when he could have closed Vini down. But they had options loading up in the area & if Eddie had closed down Vini, he'd have to cross the ball & there was an unguarded goal with Zin & Laporte running toward it with the right winger & Benzema bearing down on our goal too.

There were so many permutations, anything could have happened. Ultimately it was just a brilliant meg, controlled run & a world class finish...View attachment 41616
From the picture it looks pretty much a goal whatever he did. Still wouldn’t have minded seeing what panned out had we closed it down. I’m sure some of ours would have missed :-)

I think you are grossly underestimating City mate, we’ve beaten them before at their place and we will beat them again .. A draw isn’t good enough for them and as far as I’m concerned, all the pressure is on them, especially knowing what City can do to them …!
They need to score 2 to go through, we don’t need to score any ..

You're more confident than I am! I'm shitting it! Lol :-)

Ultimately, it's 11 vs 11 & last night was a game to behold. We were the better unit, but they've got some special players who can produce those moments of magic just when needed. I was seriously impressed with some of their control & approach play. Luckily we were better over all, but they were good.

We've got a mountain to climb, but so have Real. They're seriously dangerous, but so are City. Their defence was a bit rocky at times, but we know our makeshift defence can do better.

They'll turn up ready to trample us in front of their fans, but if they didn't know it before, they know now that we're equally as dangerous.

After all the years of yoyo-ing between the PL & Championship, & the utter dross we witnessed under Pearce, I'm fuckin proud that it's my team starring on these huge, glitzy UEFA Champions League nights.

We should be ruthless in the pursuit of perfection, but we can't be too hard on ourselves for a few foibles along the way.

I wont be confident come matchday mate don't worry. I'll be behind the sofa!

Agree we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves, but when we had such good chances to go 3-0 up and were then with a 2 goal lead on two further occasions it's hard not to feel a bit gutted. Only because that would have put one foot in the final for us. I get what you say in terms of where we've come from, but the fact is there are very few of that Real Madrid team you look at and feel are better than our players.

They'll be up for it the same way Atletico were. We've experienced worse in that game I'd say, particularly as their capacity is restricted. We've been there and won with a lot of these players which also helps. And ultimately they don't control games, they're not a side that will dominate possession. I we do keep the ball in our usual manner we know we'll create chances. We just need to take them and then slow the game down, because they'll be looking to pick us off just like they did last night.

We were pretty disciplined against Atletico whilst not ever really looking like scoring. We'll need to show a bit more ambition I think to get through.

I think you are grossly underestimating City mate, we’ve beaten them before at their place and we will beat them again .. A draw isn’t good enough for them and as far as I’m concerned, all the pressure is on them, especially knowing what City can do to them …!
They need to score 2 to go through, we don’t need to score any ..
Agree, cancelo back will also make a difference. They have to attack and that will leave gaps and I don’t buy into the macmananan BT line that Casemiro will transform them. I think another poster mentioned a one goal lead might weirdly be better than a two goal lead and I kind of agree with the psychology of that. We will play our game, same level of intensity, from the start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.