Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

We know there's a clear out coming , have done for months and for good reason. That set of players have reached the limit of their abilities physically and mentally .
We just don't have enough of what it takes.
I'll be buggered if I'm going to slag anyone off tonight.
In a weird way I'm relieved I can't take the pressure of these games .

We’ve done well considering the obvious weakness in our squad. It’s extremely difficult to win knockout competitions when you can’t convert chances consistently. You lose one game and you’re out. Nobody can say that Real were the better side. We outplayed them in both games. We didn’t lose to tactics (unlike last season), but to deficiencies in our attack.

We have 90% of the squad needed to win this competition. We’ll no doubt get to the later rounds next season. The work to win this competition starts when the transfer window opens, not when the referee blows the starting whistle.

Imagine if we could convert chances like Madrid. We’d have gone at least 10 goals up in the first leg. I’ve never seen any team comprehensively outplay Real Madrid like we did, but we had only a single goal lead to show for it. You can’t teach players how to put the ball in the back of the net. They either have it or they don’t. That needs to be a critical metric by how we assess potential transfers going forwards. It has now been proven that dominating games isn’t enough.

Bad night - gonna hide in a cave cos the media are going to be unbearable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.