Real Madrid (A) Post Match Thread

Worse than devastated. Over the two legs (the two legs combined) we were the better team, but you don't get anything for merely being the better team. Split seconds in defence (both games) and our attack (both games) cost us.

“Luck”, does…not…exist!

Luck is what the weak minded attach to things in hindsight because they don’t understand or can’t accept that they went good or wise enough to not put themselves in the situation where they think they’ve been unlucky or others lucky.

The 2nd goal was lucky, first lad missed his header and flicked it almost assist wise to rodrygo

Grealish created more in 5 mins than Foden did the whole game.

One of our better players tonight, for what it’s worth.
Foden should have made more of an effort on the first cross, he looked like he was just expecting to tap it in. The second ws a good save that no one followed up. Grealish was fine when he came on.

We are jinxed in this competition.....we just don't get any luck whatsoever....how on earth did we lose that? Super performance for 90 minutes...should have been out of sight yet the football gods deemed otherwise.....Typical City til we die
no luck eh?
wonder why?
bookings that never should have been?
red cards that should of been?
penalties that never should have been?
only playing about half the time the game should be played for?
no luck for a reason mate.
sounds like sour grapes but even that prick mcmanaman couldnt believe have the stuff what was going on

Probably wasn't but the damage was done in injury time.
What positives do u see ? Interested to know
I actually think Madrid would have a better chance of beating Liverpool in the final - title is wrapped up so they can spend the next 3 weeks preparing… that said if we were to win the league I’d probably want liverpool to win the CL final

No point blaming the ref. This is on the back four, and Eddy is beginning to look ropey. Fucking shit concentration and game management to see it out. From fucking Laporte sticking his hand out in the first leg, to shit marking by Cancelo and a fuck up from Dias. We simply can't defend against top class sides. Feel sorry for Walker and Bernie as they put in a superhuman shift tonight. Rest of them were fuckng shite.

You know it's a real gut punch. Over the two games we were by far the better team but as is shown that doesn't count for much if you don't punish teams when you are so on top. Get 3 up at home = game over. Get 2 up tonight= game over. They still had belief and we gave them that.

I could moan about the ref not booking certain players, about the most ridiculous time keeping I've ever seen. I could moan about our national broadcaster being so happy that a Spanish team beat an English one, the sheer delight in Rio's voice was embarrassing to see - it is no wonder we will never win a major tournament - can you imagine the Spanish broadcaster being so biased? BT are fucking trash.

I was convinced we could get at least a draw tonight but it's not to be. The game changed when Walker got injured and Rodri was replaced we lost control of the space and our defending was suspect, awful decisions by Cancelo and Ruben are not consistent with their performances. We were also incredibly unlucky to not get that all important second goal - off the line, Courtois playing like I've never seen making save after save.

The only issue I have with us directly is not having a single shot in the second half of ET. The lack of a real striker really showed in the big moments in both games but you simply have to at least drive into the box and force contact or shots.

I'm gutted but we have to make sure we don't blow the league - four games left we cannot blow that. I trust Pep and the players to ensure that happens. We win the league RM beat Liverpool in the final by further suspect officiating and all is not lost.

So tonight fellow blues say fuck you BT, fuck you referees, fuck you VAR but get over it quickly and lets batter Newcastle. Only other crumb of comfort is the club will have to refresh the team and maybe not winning the CL will mean Pep extends because it's unfinished business & he will finally have a world class forward line to work with which will make all the difference in those crucial moments.

Goodnight blues it will be alright and we will win the league.

I’m fucking blown, heads gone, 2-0 in 90 mins, without a shot on target, four mins late it’s 3-2, I’m either not of this planet or why the fuck didn’t we do what they for for 25 mins, buy time, fain injury and take off your best 3 players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.