10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a fan and still think he was a luxury buy we didnt need and that we should have invested that money elsewhere in the squad.

Having said that, there have been signs in the last couple of games, when he came on as a sub, of the player we thought we were buying.

We need to cash on Sterling while he still has any value. Grealish looks like Sterling’s replacement, which may be why we bought him.
May replace his position, but Grealish and Sterling could not be any more different.

You really have a downer on Grealish but you are embarrassing yourself in giving your reasons.

Do you honestly think Pep selects lazy or unfit players.

I get it is a raw time and emotions are high, but hopefully you will see how stupid some of your comments have been

Pep hasn’t been selecting him though has he?

My opinions are not stupid, they are mine..

Answer this question honestly, did you expect better of our record signing?

Do you think he’s been a difference maker?

Look at the impact players like Rodrygo, Diaz, Jota are having off the bench. Even the impact of Jesus in the last month.

I agree Grealish needs time, but i’ve seen nothing in his entire career to suggest he’s actually any good.

A proper player puts us through last night, you can think differently, but you’d be kidding yourself if didn’t think any of Liverpool’s front 5 bury one of those two chances.

People keep saying the fee isn’t his fault, it’s not, but we still chose to spend that money on someone who can’t get in our best xi. His wages are his fault though..He’s not earning them.

We’re at the real business end of the season, and he’s being used for rotation against relegation fodder and back up for exhausted players.

What is frustrating, he’s had a very poor season, but last night we/he had the chance to make a real difference, and he disappointed again.

I'm surprised Jack is still playing as far forward as he does in our team. I was excited when he signed for us as I felt he'd end up as a quality centre-mid, comfortable on the ball and able to progress from deeper positions.

Up front he gets double-up on too much and doesn't have the out and out pace or trickery to beat players.

It was good to see him playing more positively though, but I think we'd see more from him by dropping him back a bit.

Pep hasn’t been selecting him though has he?

My opinions are not stupid, they are mine..

Answer this question honestly, did you expect better of our record signing?

Do you think he’s been a difference maker?

Look at the impact players like Rodrygo, Diaz, Jota are having off the bench. Even the impact of Jesus in the last month.

I agree Grealish needs time, but i’ve seen nothing in his entire career to suggest he’s actually any good.

A proper player puts us through last night, you can think differently, but you’d be kidding yourself if didn’t think any of Liverpool’s front 5 bury one of those two chances.

People keep saying the fee isn’t his fault, it’s not, but we still chose to spend that money on someone who can’t get in our best xi. His wages are his fault though..He’s not earning them.

We’re at the real business end of the season, and he’s being used for rotation against relegation fodder and back up for exhausted players.

What is frustrating, he’s had a very poor season, but last night we/he had the chance to make a real difference, and he disappointed again.
I'll answer your question honestly if you answer mine.

First of all, I'm not bothered what he cost, nor should anyone be. His price was what Villa wanted, we wanted him, do paid it. Who says he is not earning his wages, you or the club?

Has he tore up trees this season, not really but is that an over expectation from some fans. History shows, vary rarely do new signings for us settle immediately. If this debate were 12;months from now, then I maybe would have a different viewpoint.

Not really bothered how other players settle for their respective clubs

Has been as bad as some are making him out to be? I don't think so by a long mark.

OK, over to you.
Why does Pep pick him if he is lazy and/or unfit?

Thought Jack was really positive when he came on, him and sterling doubling up on the left was odd. Just got in each others way and allowed a simple double press.

I'll answer your question honestly if you answer mine.

First of all, I'm not bothered what he cost, nor should anyone be. His price was what Villa wanted, we wanted him, do paid it. Who says he is not earning his wages, you or the club?

Has he tore up trees this season, not really but is that an over expectation from some fans. History shows, vary rarely do new signings for us settle immediately. If this debate were 12;months from now, then I maybe would have a different viewpoint.

Not really bothered how other players settle for their respective clubs

Has been as bad as some are making him out to be? I don't think so by a long mark.

OK, over to you.
Why does Pep pick him if he is lazy and/or unfit?

I’ve answered, he’s not picking him. zWe’re at the key stage of the season, he’s been left out of all the big games of late, 2 x CL quarters, 2 x CL semi, Liverpool home, he’s basically getting games to relieve exhausted players or against relegation fodder.

Why do you think at the very business of the season he’s stuck on the bench?

Even last night, De Bruyne looked fucked. Pep turned to Gundogan who’s looked off form of late and that’s being kind.

I’ve not got the stats to hand, but personally I don’t think he’s covering the distances that Foden, De Bruyne, Jesus, Bernardo are covering. And there’s no excuse for that.

Last edited:
I’ve answered, he’s not picking him. zWe’re at the key stage of the season, he’s been left out of all the big games of late, 2 x CL quarters, 2 x CL semi, Liverpool home, he’s basically getting games to relieve exhausted players or against relegation fodder.

Why do you think at the very business of the season he’s stuck on the bench?

Even last night, De Bruyne looked fucked. Pep turned to Gundogan who’s looked off form of late and that’s being kind.
I could have swore I saw jack on the field last night playing well and creating two good chances.

Lazy and unfit players dont see any grass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.