10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What game did people watch? Was largely excellent after he came on. Created a couple of big chances. I get it that people are hurting, but are they blind as well?

I think we're guilty as a group of judging players' performances based on our existing biases and expectations.

If it had been Phil (who we all love like a son, it seems) coming on late last night and doing what Jack did, we'd be fuming on his behalf that he didn't come on sooner. We'd be saying, look what he can do if you get him on the pitch and let him run at people. They were scared of him, he made two chances out of nothing, if he'd had more time he'd have created more and he could have won it for us.

If it had been Raz (who people are much more critical of, who I actually like more than many it seems, but who did come on late last night and as far as I can see offered very little apart from one good tackle he got inexplicably booked for), the narrative would be that this is why he's frustrating, he did everything right up until the shots, we know he's not a striker and yet every match as a group we're lamenting that he misses chances. We'd be arguing about whether the answer is to get rid of him or to bring in a big goalscorer for him to provide for.

But it's Grealish, and there isn't yet a hive mind opinion of him. So you get people who think he's useless and should be sold, who look at last night's performance and say he didn't score so he must be shit (despite of course - rightly - not applying the same logic to Kev or Phil or Bernardo etc.) and doesn't belong here and should be sold. And you get others who see some promise in him and as such see it in that performance.

I believe in him. I firmly believe he'll come good. And last night I saw him come on determined and up for it, put in a decent performance, create two good chances which on another night would have gone in, kept the ball pretty well when that was his task, and seemed to genuinely care about doing his part to get through, and be genuinely gutted that we lost.

I don't think he's by any means beyond criticism, but I don't think he's what was wrong with our performance last night.

Thought he was fine when he came on. Progressed and carries the ball. Unlucky not to score. No idea how he's scapegoated for last night. The blame lies as a collective.

its a game of inches, one of those shots go in and pep is a genius and grealish is good after all. as it was they both stink

What game did people watch? Was largely excellent after he came on. Created a couple of big chances. I get it that people are hurting, but are they blind as well?

It's firing season. Even De Bruyne is past it this morning.

Everyone needs a nice cup of coffee and to sit back and watch the 99 playoff final then the QPR moment.

We are a fantastic football club with excellent players. We just don't perform in the CL and that is probably because every knockout game we play there is a real desire to see us fail and the pressure is much like that on the England team in every major tournament.

That would match his seasons tally wouldn’t it?

Like I’ve said above, it’s not like he was wank, he was dangerous on the ball. But he failed again to directly influence the game. It was his chance and he didn’t cease it.

His pressing is always poor though. that’s not time to adapt, it’s either laziness or fitness.
You really have a downer on Grealish but you are embarrassing yourself in giving your reasons.

Do you honestly think Pep selects lazy or unfit players.

I get it is a raw time and emotions are high, but hopefully you will see how stupid some of your comments have been

To answer your question yes, I held that against Phil until he got back into the team and back into form, as for the post, I have no issue that he posted it, I have an issue with the fact that he did it, I have no issue with the dog video with the Pizza that is perfectly fine and funny, my issue was that he seemed to be awake way past the norm when you are in early may with neither major trophy secure.

Had this been a situation where we had been facing Villareal and we had been 5-0 up in the first leg away and we needed one win from 4 games to win the title, I would think much differently. The reality is habits build character, and there seems to be a pattern here of a general nonchalance as opposed to being focused on the task at hand, I understand players have lives and I have no issue had he gone out for a dinner at 8-9 Pm at night and kicked back for a few hours, but being awake till almost dawn, that's a bit over the top.
Dear oh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.