Good Food in MCR

I just read a couple of pages and I’ve never seen so many negative reviews one after the other like that about staff and food. Seems like it used to be nice and has gone downhill like a lot of popular places.
I've been going for years, consider myself fussy and always found the food good and staff friendly. The main issues for me as it's not as cheap as it was for a long time it was something stupid like a tenner for all you can eat, plus waiting for a table as it gets so rammed, as some days waits can be up to an hour. But that's nitpicking as it is still excellent value and the long waits are sign of how popular it is. That said I've tried a good few other Asian buffets - Fallowfield, Cheetham Hill, Bradford - and Nawaab has always come out top for me for food, value, range, service. Miles ahead of the Curry Mile for me, but of course all this is subjective.

My lad and his girlfriend took us to Albert's Schloss for Sunday breakfast. Been meaning to go since it opened.

In no way is it fine dining (I'd hate that) but thoroughly enjoyed their cooked breakfast and pastries with an 11am Pilsner. Top experience.

Thought I had posted this before but can’t see it.

the brewchimp Indian social in Stretford is well worth a visit. For those that know Stretford it’s where the sip club used to be, near the Robin Hood.

it’s Indian tapas style food. Really decent.

My lad and his girlfriend took us to Albert's Schloss for Sunday breakfast. Been meaning to go since it opened.

In no way is it fine dining (I'd hate that) but thoroughly enjoyed their cooked breakfast and pastries with an 11am Pilsner. Top experience.
I went there when I was last over. Had a massive plate full of all kinds of different sausages and a shitload of beer.
It was excellent but I thought I was going to die.

Don't know of there's already a thread on Bluemooners experiences of eating in and around Manchester, if so feel free to merge mods if there is one.

If not, there should be as it could a really good resource for blues looking for recommendations.

Anyway, after the game yesterday me and the wife went into town. It's her birthday coming up so she wanted me to take her shopping so we did that then ended up in Fringe Bar on Swan Street of which many blues will be familiar with. Cracking place for a few beers that has a mint jukebox.

We were discussing where we fancied going for a bite to eat and my wife fancied something spicy but didn't really fancy a curry. We thought Caribbean food might be nice with a few cocktails so we googled (as you do) and next door to Fringe was Pull Up which is a Caribbean restaurant so we gave it a go.

It was the best plate of food I've had in town this year. I had the Lamb Chops and my wife had the Jerk Chicken. We ordered sides to share, cocunut rice and peas, skin on chips (which were more like mini roast potatoes) & fried dumplings (could have eat 2 portions to myself). I had 2 cocktails, the cherry rum one I had was really nice and was gone in minutes and the ginger mojito was also really nice. The cocktails were around £9 each so they bumped the overall price up but the food was really reasonably priced and like I say, it was really good food.

So, if you fancy Caribbean food in town, I recommend Pull Up, we'll definately be going again.

Anyone been?

I can confirm Pull Up is still great. A proper hidden gem

Not sure of I've posted on here before, but wtlgi in Stockport is excellent. Been a few times and it is 100% worth it
I've heard good things but I worry about the lack of choice...

I've heard good things but I worry about the lack of choice...
There is no lack of choice, as there is absolutely no choice. You only get what they cook. There is no menu.

It sounds quite pretentious with the chef who designed the dish coming to your table to tell you about it. They explain all the ingredients, where they came from etc. You also get to watch them cook it as it's an open kitchen.

However, they are excellent at what they do. They are extremely welcoming.

The food is absolutely outstanding. I've been 4 times and have booked again. Definitely worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.