Good Food in MCR

There is no lack of choice, as there is absolutely no choice. You only get what they cook. There is no menu.

It sounds quite pretentious with the chef who designed the dish coming to your table to tell you about it. They explain all the ingredients, where they came from etc. You also get to watch them cook it as it's an open kitchen.

However, they are excellent at what they do. They are extremely welcoming.

The food is absolutely outstanding. I've been 4 times and have booked again. Definitely worth it.
Yes that was my point really. I could probably get away with it unless it was seafood! My wife on the other hand, not a chance! I have been in it a few times as our office down in the centre used to get their mail so I'd drop it off on the way to my car at the top and it looked a smart set up.

Yes that was my point really. I could probably get away with it unless it was seafood! My wife on the other hand, not a chance! I have been in it a few times as our office down in the centre used to get their mail so I'd drop it off on the way to my car at the top and it looked a smart set up.
Not your place then. They do a lot of seafood.

At This and That and the cabbage is superb.
Great chicken curry and tika chicken as well.
Nan bread and soft drink all for £8.
Brilliant.

You young uns don’t know what good food is
when I was a lad you hadn’t lived until you had partaken
in a curry from the plaza cafe on upper Brooke st
ask your dads about it

You young uns don’t know what good food is
when I was a lad you hadn’t lived until you had partaken
in a curry from the plaza cafe on upper Brooke st
ask your dads about it
What a place, although I never got the t-shirt. Had many a good late night in there.

When I began a life of monthly travelling from Cambridge to Manchester in the early '90s (to visit lots of pubs as much as City if I'm honest) I'd use the local CAMRA Guide to Manchester which had a guide to the Northern Quarter's curry caffs, all of them great and many still about though a few are more standard takeaways. Al Faisal was good last week, need to revisit Kabana, never done Hunter's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.