Welcome Erling Haaland | Signing confirmed on a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensational signing and potentially steal of the century, and just shows how far we have come as a club. I am just hoping that he knuckles down and learns the Pep way. But when all said and done if he doesn't fit in there is no doubt he could be sold at huge profit, lets just hope we never have to sell him.

Sensational signing and potentially steal of the century, and just shows how far we have come as a club. I am just hoping that he knuckles down and learns the Pep way. But when all said and done if he doesn't fit in there is no doubt he could be sold at huge profit, lets just hope we never have to sell him.
This is why it's such a superb piece of business. He's a £100m plus player if we sell him with a broken leg.

All fair points. Still, Haaland is right up there as one of the PL's biggest signings. I am sure we can agree on that ;-)
Absolutely and the potential Haaland has is the most exciting thing.

Even Sergio had less hype around his transfer as we didn’t have such expectations back then.

Sergio surpassed our expectations; I just hope Haaland can at least match our expectations now as we want more now than we did back then.

No, of course he isn't. If you do watch the video, whoever this guy is, he never mentions the word "overrated". He describes City thus; "Manchester City is a team that is so fluid, so beautiful to watch so creative, so crafty...." and goes on to question whether Haaland fits in to our system.

He doesn't reach a conclusion, just wonders why the questions get dismissed out of hand by the people who he meets in the pub. Inconsequential stuff and barely worth a discussion except that, as it was posted on here, I happened to break with my normal practice and gave it the time of day and thought it was fine.
Ok thats fair enough, they are reasonable arguments. The injury one could become an issue but im hopeful it wont be as he still plays a fair chunk of the games every season. I know people like Sancho and Werner have struggled to adapt to the pl from the bundesliga, but everything about Haaland suggests he will thrive in the league.

No odds, because Pep isn't going to turn in to Big Sam because we've got Haaland. But can imagine Haaland running on to some Ederson passes next season!

I do think we might see the record for goalkeeper assists in a season in the next two years from Eddie - can see teams getting caught out at least 6 or 7 times over the course of 38 games with that long flat kick to the big man.

Haaland is a truly huge signing and definitely our biggest. In fact is he perhaps the Premier League's biggest ever signing? Not in fees and wages of course, but just the significance of it?

What I mean is the world megastars, the truly great players, have almost never come to the PL.. at least in their prime. I am thinking Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Falcao, Eto'o, Kaka, Zinadine, Ronaldino, Ronaldo (Brazilian one), Figo, Lewandowski etc. You get the drift.

Sure, we get to sign has-beens like Ibrahimovic or even Ronaldo. But I don't remember any PL club ever bagging "the next big thing", which on the world stage, I think Haaland probably is.
Much as it pains me to say it, but the Rags pulled off a master stroke when they picked the fake Ronnie up for peanuts back in 2003 as an eighteen year old.

Haaland is a truly huge signing and definitely our biggest. In fact is he perhaps the Premier League's biggest ever signing? Not in fees and wages of course, but just the significance of it?
Oh I don't know Crouchy was pretty big. His feet stuck out the bed :)

No, of course he isn't. If you do watch the video, whoever this guy is, he never mentions the word "overrated". He describes City thus; "Manchester City is a team that is so fluid, so beautiful to watch so creative, so crafty...." and goes on to question whether Haaland fits in to our system.

He doesn't reach a conclusion, just wonders why the questions get dismissed out of hand by the people who he meets in the pub. Inconsequential stuff and barely worth a discussion except that, as it was posted on here, I happened to break with my normal practice and gave it the time of day and thought it was fine.
I listened to about half of it and didn’t find his reasoning too bad.

Haaland isn’t going to get us many more points in the league. It’s almost impossible to do so as we only drop 15-25 points a season and however good a side you are, you can’t be at your best all the time.

Where Haaland comes in will be the knockout stages of the CL. If he’d played against Madrid, we’d be in the final.

There’s the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.