#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite his flaws he continues to get picked, and by all accounts the club want him to carry on.

He is good enough for us, and over the past five years has been one of our best. When he leaves, be it this summer, next summer or further down the track he will leave as one of our best performers of all time.

FWIW he had a shocker the other night.

Do you believe he has good technical skills and we see them week in week out because I don't.

I see what I see and have no bias

As you obviously didn't read my previous comment at all, i'll just copy it in again, maybe this time you'll read it.

I'll never understand why you care so much more about his touch than Pep Guardiola does. You'd think after 6 years of Pep choosing to play him over more technical players, after seeing him climb up the clubs all time goalscorer list, after seeing him be a vital player in 10 trophy wins you'd realise that actually it's not that big a deal.

It seems pretty obvious to me that if Guardiola, with all the money and players at his disposal, picks Sterling to play 291 times for him then either 1) His technical ability is much better than your clearly biased mind thinks, or 2) It just doesn't fucking matter.

And? Look at the positions he has to score from to even have a chance. He pretty much 90% scores only from inside the goal box our close to it. Don’t need to be a rocket scientist, to understand that the positions he scores from are more likely to go in. Look at the contrast between Mahrez goals and Sterlings. And even then Sterlings misses more than he scores. Sterlings stats are overshadowing his performances.
Do goals from outside the box count double?

And? Look at the positions he has to score from to even have a chance. He pretty much 90% scores only from inside the goal box our close to it. Don’t need to be a rocket scientist, to understand that the positions he scores from are more likely to go in. Look at the contrast between Mahrez goals and Sterlings. And even then Sterlings misses more than he scores. Sterlings stats are overshadowing his performances.
I don’t quite think you understand what shot conversion rate is

When we have a striker will he then have great touch, control, vision and passing? I'm not being facetious, just curious as to how these skills can be there with one and hiding when there isn't

I suspect he plays well for England is because the games are a lot more open.
Raheem is an anomaly, he doesn’t have great touch, he doesn’t look great on the ball but his numbers are unbelievable really.

The most causal analysis i've ever seen, doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that Sterling's strengths are in movement, positioning and speed which is why he gets many more high quality chances fall to him compared to Mahrez who is a great ball striker but weaker in those other aspects. Sterling also creates more space for others with his runs and movement which we'd see the benefits of more with an actual striker in the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.