West Ham United (A) | Post-Match Thread

A completely fit and fresh Foden and Sterling vs a Villa defence that play Thursday between now and then
No one is completely fresh at this point. I’m boring myself now. No subs was ridiculous and could have cost us the game.

Would have taken 4 points from Wolves and West Ham after they dropped points against Spurs. Add in the goal difference boost, them playing 2 hours at Wembley and Villa playing Thursday and I think it's been a pretty good week for us overall.

Could have done without the injuries and a win today would have probably sealed it, but we looked very flat and could easily have lost that. We go into the last game of the season knowing a win at home wins the league regardless of anything else and I don't think you can ask for much more than that and we'd have all taken that in August. It also depends which Southampton turn up on Tuesday - the one who plays us or the one who gets beat 9-0.

Villa's main focus will be a tricky game at home against Burnley that they'll want to win for their fans. Whilst I'm sure Gerrard will want to beat us, he ain't playing. If we get back to the level of performance we had against Newcastle and Wolves, we win. I wouldn't even be too worried about the defence as we'd just outscore them. Hopefully today was tiredness and we're back on it next Sunday.

I’m more then happy with pep. I think he’s the best manager ever. Doesn’t leave him open to errors and criticism though. No subs today was stupid. Makes the villa game tougher imo.
Load of shit, mate. You can always tell a football ignoramus because they don’t understand the basics of substitutions. The reason we didn’t make any changes was because we completely bossed the second half and looked like scoring with every attack. Substitutions would have been daft because we didn’t need to make one and it could have disrupted us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.