Show of support before Aston Villa | Club update (Pg 13) - Pep wants this to happen

Away support shit? Have a word. Wolves famously have a shit away end, but their fans were on Twitter after the match saying we dispelled the myth that away fans can’t create an atmosphere because they’re all spread down one side.

Fair enough, I wasn't at Wolves but the support looked to have matched the performance on the pitch. In terms of numbers, yes, incredible support consistently. Just feel we've become a bit expectant. The home atmosphere has been a disgrace at times other than Liverpool, United and big knockout games for several years now.

Away support shit? Have a word. Wolves famously have a shit away end, but their fans were on Twitter after the match saying we dispelled the myth that away fans can’t create an atmosphere because they’re all spread down one side.
Funny that. I could have sworn the Kippax was down one side of the ground. It didn't stop us from making a noise.

1894 already put more effort into singing and rallying other singers than anyone else. We also do flags/banners/tifo/campaigning. We’re capable of multitasking.
Thanks for your shitty post though. I’d like to see what you’ve contributed the last 10 years? Probably fuck all, other than criticising other fans’ efforts.
I've not criticised anyone?

In fact, I've made plenty of posts over the years applauding the 1894 group for taking the time and effort to make a difference.

And I'm happy to do it again - good on you and the rest of the group for taking the time money and effort to try to make a difference.

I've been to over 1000 games home and away over that last 30 odd years, and sung my bollocks off, as I'm sure you have.

In my experience the organised banners, tifo, tickertape, scarves, plastic flags etc while well-intentioned, do not contribute to a better atmosphere.

They make for good social media content though, and often people are more interested in filming / taking photos of the displays than they are in singing and making a noise. While you may be a great multi-tasker, others are not.

So again, I do appreciate your time, money and effort to try to make a difference. It's possible to appreciate that while not being a fan of tifo / plastic flags.

I know 1894 aren't the be all and end all of the atmosphere inside the Etihad because chants are started by other people in other parts SSL1 and other parts of the ground, but I'd love it for just one season if 1894 retired all the banners, flags, displays, and gave up starting chants at the back of 115. Let's see what the general atmosphere would be like then.

But if you think you can contribute more or do any better to improve the atmosphere on match days, go for it!
As I've said plenty of times before, I do genuinely appreciate 1894's efforts.

If the club organised plastic flags, it would be called "cheese" by everyone.

If 1894 organise plastic flags, it's somehow beyond the pale to not be 100% behind it? It's an odd one.

As I said in another post, it's possible to be appreciative of 1894's efforts, while also not being a fan of plastic flags etc. It's not a binary thing.

Before the electric advertising boads were installed on L2, we had scenes like this at the Etihad. They don't directly improve the atmosphere as such, but they add colour and spectical to the Etihad.

1652696149795.jpeg

1652696227227.jpeg

The ship display which got almost unanimous approval from City fans wasn't cheap, took ages to arrange jointly with the club, and was an absolute ball-ache to carry across SSL1 due to the size and weight of it. As I carried the front pole I can testify to that. :-)

1652696316498.jpeg

Even individual banners and flags like these hung and waved do make a difference.

1652696709861.jpeg

Maybe Pep appreciates the banners he see's of himself hung from SSL2 and waved?(to follow)

A09-BA693-2536-41-AA-B800-D860-E032-DCB8.webp

As I've said plenty of times before, I do genuinely appreciate 1894's efforts.

If the club organised plastic flags, it would be called "cheese" by everyone.

If 1894 organise plastic flags, it's somehow beyond the pale to not be 100% behind it? It's an odd one.

As I said in another post, it's possible to be appreciative of 1894's efforts, while also not being a fan of plastic flags etc. It's not a binary thing.
That's how that culture works though. Football clubs with huge budgets and paid employees doing displays vs fans putting in their own time, money, and effort and not getting paid for it? Surely you can see the difference?

Probably my favourite design out of all the banners. The Pep 2 sticks are still missing from Wembley. But you can't blame the City fans who kept them.

When Pep finaly reaches his final City game at the Etihad I'd love to see SSL1 awash with flags and 2 (plastic) sticks with this design.

E7-B74922-222-F-4-C9-B-A5-B0-A9-E25-EE116-A2.jpg

Last edited:
Before the electric advertising boads were installed on L2, we had scenes like this at the Etihad. They don't directly improve the atmosphere as such, but they add colour and spectical to the Etihad.

View attachment 43384

View attachment 43385

The ship display which got almost unanimous approval from City fans wasn't cheap, took ages to arrange jointly with the club, and was an absolute ball-ache to carry across SSL1 due to the size and weight of it. As I carried the front pole I can testify to that. :-)

View attachment 43386

Even individual banners and flags like these hung and waved do make a difference.

View attachment 43389

Maybe Pep appreciates the banners he see's of himself hung from SSL2 and waved?(to follow)

A09-BA693-2536-41-AA-B800-D860-E032-DCB8.webp

The flags and banners make a big difference to me.

They add to the atmosphere in my opinion because visually they look stunning. They help intimidate the opposition as well.

Singing is the main driver of atmosphere but having a ground full of flags/scarves/blue shirts always looks class and helps drive the team on I'm sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.