Gundogan contract situation

Should we offer him an extension beyond 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck we don’t think Bernardo is going as well as Fern and Gundo??
Depends on whether he wants to stay. He seems to have made it clear in the past that he would like to move closer to home. He’s had a great season which might have changed his mind. But the flip side of that is that he’ll be in greater demand from the big Spanish clubs. Pep won’t stop him from leaving if that’s what he wants and we get a decent fee or a player such as de Jong in exchange

Great player and for the price we paid for him it was an absolute steal. Wish him all the best.

Hopefully when he retires he can come back to the club in a training capacity. I know he's studying for his UEFA badges and has took training sessions for our U-18's

Brilliant player sorry to hear he’s going . Don’t want him at another premier league team . Thanks Ilkay we will miss you

I think he's fantastic and we play much better with him in the team. We have far more control when he plays and invariably it allows KDB to affect the game in the final third as we saw at Wolves.
However, I've heard people quoting Pep saying he wants/needs players who can play 3 games a week and sadly Gundo doesn't appear to be able to do that due to his injuries.
Big boots to fill though.

I was as big a critic as any in his first season, albeit with fair comment. He visibly shat out of challenges and was reluctant to engage. Recovering from an injury, the guy looked finished. Toast.
Wow. What a comeback.
What a fantastic footballer this absolute gentleman turned out to be.
More importantly, a fabulous human being.
I know many people who work in hospitality and whose livelihoods were under threat due to the pandemic. Their rent and homes were in danger.
Ilkay created a fund for these people. I personally know three people he saved from becoming homeless.
What a man. What a King.
I apologise for ever doubting him and bless the days we had him.
A much better man than me.
Gundogan has gone up even more in my estimations, a top professional and a very decent human being.

Good timing I think. We need to start transitioning out a number of guys who are now in the 30 year old+ bracket in a manageable way, and keep refreshing the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.