It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Frenkie and Rodri together sounds excellent, wish it was happening. So balanced, shame he would choose the rags because of no other option.

Lots of CM contracts up in 2023.

Douglas Luiz, Bissouma, Tielemans, Fabian Ruiz, Renato Sanchez, Aouar, Laimer, Svanberg, Puig, Jorginho, Kante,

Wonder who'd be tempted with a cut price offer.
And here's the 2023 Free Agent Full Backs

Shaw, Gaya, Guerreiro, Grimaldo, Tagliafico, Alonso, Sandro, Mukiele.

Guerreiro - would be great.

Last edited:
City Team to start the season. I’ve gone with experience….

Kaz

Tolmie
Mat
Psychedelic Casual
Domalino

Jimharri
Ric
Gordondsviesmoustache
Pretwich Blue
Mccity

Bill

We will be playing a fluid pressing game and there won’t be any pissing about.
Anyone seen out after 10 pm can do one as there are plenty more posters keen to take their place…there are posters in the Matchday thread who are dying to show what they can do…tactical geniuses some of them..so I want a fast start.
Bill up front?
More offsides than jesus

From Portugal: Manchester City Advance in €40 Million Deal to Sign Sporting CP Midfielder​

New reports from Portugal have now stated that Manchester City are leading the race to sign €40 million-rated Sporting CP midfielder, Matheus Nunes ahead of the 2022/2023 season.

Agree

But come on the reports and rumours we are ripping half the team apart

Fernandhino
Mr Whippy
Gabby
Sterling
Mahrez
Zinchenko

Rodri being benched for De Jong

2-3 months ago Pep said that he would like to have a smaller squad with 16-17 players, where most of them are universals and can play different positions and in addition to that 6-7 academy / talented players, who can be trusted and integrated in the system..

In overall I think this is the "structure" we are heading to and I think it's great, because that's what Barcelona achieved in 2005-2015, when they had 15-16-17 world-class players and also number of academy players, who were constantly playing, getting time, maturing faster and thus - they completed this whole circle from academy level to the first-team.. Of course now this system at Barcelona is ruined and they are a total disaster, but back then - with the help of Txiki and Ferran and Pep, I think they managed to do it and it worked well..

So, I think the next years of Pep will be dedicated to this process, so that we could build a similar successful structure which ensures that all the valuable academy players are introduced into the first-team, they get their games, mature faster and in the end club saves a lot of money in the transfers.. Imagine having not just one, but 3-4 "Phil Foden's" in the first team and I think Palmer, Macatee, that Scottish guy from U18 and other ones also, have a chance to achieve this..

So, that's why reducing the squad makes sense and can be true..

LIke... Torres-Sterling-Jesus out Haaland-Xuilo in means -1 player..

Fern / Gundo out FDJ in means -1 player also

and etc. and etc.. Let's see, so, basically it's quality versus quantity, we are talking about and what Pep wants, so that there was enough space and time for the young academy players..

Last edited:
2-3 months ago Pep said that he would like to have a smaller squad with 16-17 players, where most of them are universals and can play different positions and in addition to that 6-7 academy / talented players, who can be trusted and integrated in the system..

In overall I think this is the "structure" we are heading to and I think it's great, because that's what Barcelona achieved in 2005-2015, when they had 15-16-17 world-class players and also number of academy players, who were constantly playing, getting time, maturing faster and thus - they completed this whole circle from academy level to the first-team.. Of course now this system at Barcelona is ruined and they are a total disaster, but back then - with the help of Txiki and Ferran and Pep, I think they managed to do it and it worked well..

So, I think the next years of Pep will be dedicated to this process, so that we could build a similar successful structure which ensures that all the valuable academy players are introduced into the first-team, they get their games, mature faster and in the end club saves a lot of money in the transfers.. Imagine having not just one, but 3-4 "Phil Foden's" in the first team and I think Palmer, Macatee, that Scottish guy from U18 and other ones also, have a chance to achieve this..

So, that's why reducing the squad makes sense and can be true..

LIke... Torres-Sterling-Jesus out Haaland-Xuilo in means -1 player..

Fern / Gundo out FDJ in means -1 player also

and etc. and etc.. Let's see, so, basically it's quality versus quantity, we are talking about and what Pep wants, so that there was enough space and time for the young academy players..
Not sure Pep is that happy with not having 3 of his main defence unavailable at the moment

Not sure Pep is that happy with not having 3 of his main defence unavailable at the moment
Well.. injuries can happen even if you have 30 players in the squad..

Our current situation is the great example of that:

We have 4 one of the best central defenders in the world, 2 best fullbacks, plus Zinchenko.. if someone looks that the squad, he will say that defense is our most well-covered zone and still due to injuries, we have to use Fernandinho there..

So Pep isn't happy, but that doesn't mean he isn't loyal to his above mentioned principles about smaller squad and talented academy players..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.