Premier League Games 15/16/17/19 May '22

So it is all down to us to win our final game, which is the way it always was and should be. On our own terms.
If we lose the title it will be because we fail to beat Villa and not because Southampton are shit, or Mahrez missed a pen, or Sterling's goal against Liverpool was offside or any other shite.
But we will beat Villa, we are too good, professional and experienced not too.

Based on that, if Hasenhutl is still there next season they're going down. completely lost the players and fans

Why not? Southampton did.
Because a) I honestly don’t think Gerrard has the relationship with Klopp that the Soton manager does and b) cos I don’t think Gerrard is already on the verge of being sacked and has others have commented, has lost the dressing room.

That was a strong Southampton line up to be fair to them. Salisu, Walker-Peters, Stephens,Ward-Prowse and Broja have featured against us at St. Marys. Romeu and Armstrong were the only missing ones but they were on the bench
Bednarek & Stuart Armstrong also usually start.

That Broja put in one of the laziest performances I've ever seen. ****.
Yep but they had no midfield, Tella and Diallo were worse than abysmal and Ward Prowse had a shocker also. They only started putting crosses in around 89 minutes, long after the took him off.
None of the Southampton players looked like they had played the game before, Keeper was the worse i have ever seen, Defenders kept mis kicking the ball and not putting in any attempt to tackle or stop crosses and none of them could pass or show any technical ability tonight

Because one team is fighting for Europa League football (on the day they said goodbye their club captain) and the other has been on the beach since March.

It wasn't just the Southampton players who weren't up for it tonight; the fans were silent all game as well. They're a club that's thoroughly done with this season - I'm slightly grateful that Liverpool only clawed one goal back as opposed to the 4-0 drubbing I was expecting them to dole out.

Hassenhutl is clearly off in the summer, the fans and players have lost patience with him. I think he probably thought that chucking a bunch of second-stringers out might catch Liverpool off-guard and might give said second-stringers a chance to prove themselves. Turns out it didn't.

Liverpool fans could just as easily point at us beating Brighton 3-0 the other week and ask why they just rolled over for us when they nicked a point at Anfield. Leicester beat them 1-0 at the King Power pretty soon after we won there. They've dropped 4 points against Chelsea while we've taken maximum points.

That's how football works.
This. West Ham actually had something to play for, they're fighting to get into Europe. And I'd say they're better than Southampton (not to mention that yes, it's Mark Noble's last game so no doubt they were all gee'd up because of it).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.