Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard said “Obviously, they’re going to be two different challenges, we know that, one fighting at the top-end of the league and one at the bottom. We need to prepare for both in the best way that we can.

“They’re coming within a short space of time so all of my players need to be ready because I’ll be very surprised if the team will be the same for both games.”

Why is he even talking about putting different teams out? he wouldn't usually do that one game after another. You can bet your house on which game he'll save the best players for.

I never felt more confident about winning a game until a neutral told me this morning that there's no chance we don't beat Villa. I've been nervous ever since when I've thought about it.

Haha, that's sooooo City!

Any dipper on being told that by a neutral would just smirk complacently, as if it were a matter of course.

Gerrard said “Obviously, they’re going to be two different challenges, we know that, one fighting at the top-end of the league and one at the bottom. We need to prepare for both in the best way that we can.

“They’re coming within a short space of time so all of my players need to be ready because I’ll be very surprised if the team will be the same for both games.”

Why is he even talking about putting different teams out? he wouldn't usually do that one game after another. You can bet your house on which game he'll save the best players for.
He may as well have just said "I'm going to play the second string against Burnley, so I can save my best players for Sunday and hopefully win the league for my boyhood club".

Burnley, he can win that.

Gerrard's press conferance was quite telling. Looks like Watkins/Ings, Mcginn, Mings, Martinez and Digne will be rested tomorrow.

Another shit show, just like Soton with their team selection. Clear as day they were in in talks with Klopp beforehand. No way were either team resting all those players if they knew the other team were full strength.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.