Match Thread | Man City vs Aston Villa (22/05/22)

To me the injuries to the defence have sent us into a tailspin the past few weeks and Pep has been relying on heavy rotation of players out of position and/or who were far out of rotation (Dinho).

It's caused problems with buildup and the way we were effective which was less changes to the back line and players accustomed to playing with one another.

It's a very tough spot for Pep to be in in terms of selection.

Factor in no Mendy and I think Gab Marcotti has gotten it right that maybe we lack enough depth with such a small squad with an injury crisis like this which could not be said as unforeseen with the level of tough games that could happen at this stage of the season if in all competitions as we target.

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but Grealish needs to come in

I wanted Sterling to start as I think he would have done better than Mahrez and we would create more (and looks like I would have been right).

But.. the game is different now…we need personality in this second half and a slice of arrogance… Jack could bring this.

If the players can't get up for this game then what the fuck has been going on the last week in training ??

If I wanted hustle and some control, would’ve had Kev at F9, mr whippy in midfield with Bernie and Jesus on the right to press Digne, who knows how to whip a ball in. Jesus would also help out tracking back.

Hold up. Have City had a shot on target? Ffs. Need to sort things out. Actually have some bloody control. If he wants Kev to have the free role, let him play the f9. Kev looks like he wants to make something happen but the attack in general isn’t just connecting.

From history, Pep hardly changes things at half time. Nonetheless, need the lads to step up like they did against West Ham. Don’t do yourselves a disservice lads!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.