Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just broken a golden rule and spent a few minutes in the echo chamber of victimhood that is RAWK. Fantastic seething bitterness and indignation, topped off by a debate on how they can’t understand fans of other clubs thinking they are arrogant and insufferable - bless.
I can't speak for the other 18 clubs but if I had to list the reasons why Everton fans think they're arrogant and insufferable, I'd be here all day.

I'll tell you what, they have done really well considering how many of them have asthma. They should get a most asthmatics trophy to go with the net spend and not getting beat at home ones.

Hats off!

The guy in the video has done another video talking about football and PEDs. He had an anonymous source involved in drug testing who informed him that PED use is pretty big in football across the board. Whether that be positive tests kept quiet, medical exemptions or microdosing.

It's fun to take the piss out of them for this, but I've still never seen any reliable evidence for the 63% have asthma claim. AFAIK, it's entirely based on a single blog that has no real credibility or sources for the claims.

It's also worth mentioning that elite athletes do have asthma at a higher rate than the general population, because exercise-induced asthma is a thing, and swimmers are the most likely to have it because of the large amounts of time in a chlorinated environment. Now obviously the accusation would be that elite athletes are more likely to be diagnosed with it as a way of cheating, but as I understand it, it has been independently studied (rather than just self-reported) and it is true that athletes are more likely to genuinely have it. 63% would of course be very suspicious, but I have no real reason to believe that that figure is true.
But we aren’t talking about the liverpool swimming team though are we? Although tbf they are a bunch of dippers

I can't speak for the other 18 clubs but if I had to list the reasons why Everton fans think they're arrogant and insufferable, I'd be here all day.
I spent Saturday afternoon in Liverpool. I feel really sorry for Everton fans having to put up with the RS. They really are insufferable. Flags proclaiming LFC champions of England everywhere. Saw a play in the Royal Court - Macca and Beth; when the main character turned out to be an Evertonian, the RS in the audience groaned. They never stop.

Scousers are warm and witty people, but LFC is an odious cult.

So happy Everton survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.