Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

The scousers covet that European cup more than anything, the majority of our fans couldn't give a fuck about it except wanting to win it as we do every competition we enter. For me it's the premier league all day long. A hard slog over nine long months of blood sweat and tears. I hope to end up with nothing at the end of it has crushed them and put doubt in their minds for Saturday's game. I hope Madrid smash them, but even funnier would be a finish like they did to us. Now that would ruin them and their summer.
I think now the majority of our fans want to win it. It's become like Everest; we'll never be regarded as the best team ever unless we "summit". We dominated in the PL matches against Liverpool but only got two draws thanks to a very marginal offside decision and Salah's worldly * - that's why we weren't already champions before Sunday. We dominated Real Madrid in the CL and despite their late goals we showed we're better than them. I'd already asked Liverpool fans how they'd feel if they won the quadruple knowing they weren't even the best team in England - but being the best mountaineer in the world doesn't sound right if you haven't climbed Everest. If it's harder to win the PL than the CL, but we haven't won the CL, why haven't we won the easier competition? It's nonsense to say (Sutton on 606) that we've got nowhere near winning it, but being close isn't near enough.

* when Lineker chose Salah's goal as MotD goal of the season because it was better than even a stupendous volley, I did think back to Kinkladze's dribble and goal against Southampton that lost out to a far less stupendous volley. Media bias is nothing new.

The scousers covet that European cup more than anything, the majority of our fans couldn't give a fuck about it except wanting to win it as we do every competition we enter. For me it's the premier league all day long. A hard slog over nine long months of blood sweat and tears. I hope to end up with nothing at the end of it has crushed them and put doubt in their minds for Saturday's game. I hope Madrid smash them, but even funnier would be a finish like they did to us. Now that would ruin them and their summer.
It most certainly would, after all the screaming it would mean two cups both won on penalties.
These Scousers are absolutely crushed by the PL loss, especially as it looked to be certain that
they'd won it, that City comeback shocked them to the core.

Good talk with Andy Robertson after their game. He comes across like a good lad in this one, respectful and decent.

Quite clever from Gerrard on Sunday. Effectively took Grealish out of the game from kick off. Villa won the toss and changed ends which is very rare and there was no way Jack was coming on second half right in front of the hate from Villa fans, it could have destroyed him. Just my observation.

Was at Burnley yesterday , can't believe their are people on here seem pleased they were relegated rather than dirty Leeds. Even the Newcastle fans hoped Leeds would go down. Anyway came off the match totally miserable with my mates in despair thinking City had blown the title having heard we were 2 0 down. Got to the club and found out the score, I was the only happy man in the club but couldn't show it in the face of such grief. One thing for sure while their is no love for City in Burnley everyone was delighted the scousers had lost the title. They really shot themselves in the foot booing our national anthem and insulting the Royal family the whole country seems to have taken offence yet the press believes everyone loves them. Think they will get a shock how many English people will be cheering Real Madrid next week. Whatever any one else thinks hope the Clarets are soon back in the prem.

Fuck Burnley.

A load of racist, inbred, nasty horrible fans and a team full of backwards, negative, brexit football cloggers.

They win bronze on my football shit list, behind the rags and Liverpool.

Quite clever from Gerrard on Sunday. Effectively took Grealish out of the game from kick off. Villa won the toss and changed ends which is very rare and there was no way Jack was coming on second half right in front of the hate from Villa fans, it could have destroyed him. Just my observation.
Personally I though he slipped up.

Slipped up ha ha ha ha ha.

Oh sometimes I amaze myself.

I'm ere all week ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.