US Politics Thread

What do we call this form of government? A cuntocracy?

The Right is veering so far afield of center one can only hope that it hurts them in upcoming elections. I heard on NPR that some Republican State has even gone so far as to introduce state legislation banning contraceptives. Amazing.

I have been banned and often Fog perhaps for poor humour (LOL) on many a thread even the City threads and I would strongly object to you being banned from this thread and any thread you chose to post in if your views which are always considered ( not that I concur with some ) are considered worthy of banning.

I think you put it well when you said agree to disagree or be critical of the point to put your view across and challenge the poster accordingly but if you go for the man with threats and crass and inane personal abuse you deserved to be looked at by the MODS.

We need a challenge of ideas and views no matter the political spectrum but shutting them down is pointless IMO.

if I am banned from the music threads then its time to pack it in as I reckon on a number of levels our tastes are similar.
You two are rank amateurs; when I'm banned, it's from the entire forum! None of this half-measure stuff for me :-)

As I predicted, Republicans are now busy replacing honest election officials with officials endorsing "The Big Lie."

In numerous Republican-controlled states, honest overseers of elections are being replaced by unethical officials who state that they would not have certified the 2020 Presidential Election results in favor of Biden.

Which leads me to this... there are numerous influential public figures and politicians who still cling to the Republican party... in hopes that it can be salvaged.

Really? I think the current party is beyond repair.

The Right is veering so far afield of center one can only hope that it hurts them in upcoming elections. I heard on NPR that some Republican State has even gone so far as to introduce state legislation banning contraceptives. Amazing.
The primary results from Georgia suggest some of Trump’s endorsees fell flat on their faces. And that fucking doorknob Cawthorn is out.

There is hope. Not much but a little.

As I predicted, Republicans are now busy replacing honest election officials with officials endorsing "The Big Lie."

In numerous Republican-controlled states, honest overseers of elections are being replaced by unethical officials who state that they would not have certified the 2020 Presidential Election results in favor of Biden.

Which leads me to this... there are numerous influential public figures and politicians who still cling to the Republican party... in hopes that it can be salvaged.

Really? I think the current party is beyond repair.
So if Trump doesn’t win the nomination because he can’t/won’t run, and it’s De Santis, do you think they run the narrative for him, and do you think he contests like Trump or abides by the outcome?

So if Trump doesn’t win the nomination because he can’t/won’t run, and it’s De Santis, do you think they run the narrative for him, and do you think he contests like Trump or abides by the outcome?
De Santis, IMO, is even worse than Trump. He desires power above all, like Trump, but he's a cold, calculating politician - turning on a dime to court votes. Should he lose an election, he'll explore every avenue to overturn results.

De Santis, IMO, is even worse than Trump. He desires power above all, like Trump, but he's a cold, calculating politician - turning on a dime to court votes. Should he lose an election, he'll explore every avenue to overturn results.
I mean he is utter scum, but I don't know if he'd go that far . . . and I doubt he'd have a cult like Trump that would be supportive of such a move. I don't see him as as bad as Trump, who is IMO uniquely bad.

I mean he is utter scum, but I don't know if he'd go that far . . . and I doubt he'd have a cult like Trump that would be supportive of such a move. I don't see him as as bad as Trump, who is IMO uniquely bad.
Success and media coverage breeds support. I think De Santis will do whatever is required to gain and to remain in power.

I think that De Stanis is potentially worse than Trump because De Santis will act thoughtfully and with deliberation with every act he takes - whereas Trump acts with gut instinct.

Whereas Trump can escape from political death (pussy grabbing) - any misstep he makes is quickly forgotten. I'm not sure that De Santis has this ability at all. So in that sense, perhaps Trump is worse - but not at all uniquely bad.

Last edited:
You two are rank amateurs; when I'm banned, it's from the entire forum! None of this half-measure stuff for me :-)
This disappoints me as you have some conviction and you express it without offending and in my case while some of your posts are with respect a tad naive that's no valid reason to ban you from posting.

This disappoints me as you have some conviction and you express it without offending and in my case while some of your posts are with respect a tad naive that's no valid reason to ban you from posting.
I was banned mostly from posts made in other Bluemoon forums - try, for example, stating anything positive about Liverpool - for example that Jurgen Klopp is a top manager - and you're fucked. Or posting in defense of LGBGQ rights in any forum other than this. Again you're fucked.

TBF though - I think that my banning was mostly down to horrible moderators... many of whom no longer moderate. And secondly due to several very toxic posters - who have themselves been banned.

Bluemoon Forums by in large is a far far better site to visit, read and participate in than the forums of, say, 5 years or so ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.