Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disputing his quality and his price tag is expensive, is it a release clause maybe? Mendy is still contracted and from his Instagram, he is training for a return.
Mendy isn't on any social media anymore, condition of his bail, so what you've seen I'm not quite sure. But he'll never play for the club again, you can be sure of that.

Okay he’s Cam playing at left back, I think we need to move on past that point and realise if we do sign a left back then we will have more than enough cover with cancelo and ake able to play left back, I’m not saying I want Zinchenko gone but I think a lot of us would like to see an actual left back play left back.
Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion but you are not addressing your post "he isn’t a left back. Let’s get real here" . You may want a different left back, fair enough, nevertheless the real fact is, he has and is a Man City left back, like it or not, so get real on that fact.

One main reason i think Pep wants another fullback... Even with Brighton Cucurella played like 30 ish games... I do think, even as a first season rotation with Cancelo on the left he can play around the same amount. Cancelo needs to be rested waaaay more often, those 52 are INSANE numbers.
Insane numbers to maintain a consistently high standard. If Walker is fit for most of the season I expect he will play maybe 30-40 games and Cancelo will play something similar but no where near as many at left back. Bottom line we have 3 full backs we need 4 plus emergency cover by Stones & Ake with 3/4 young squad players covering the back 4.

We've got no chance of making a chant for this lad.

Walker, Canceloo, and Zinchenko still haven't got a chant,

Marc Cucurella transferred from the Spanish league for 18 Million to Brighton. He had a decent season under Potter who has a similar possession base football to City. I have watched him closely and he would fit in perfectly. His season compared to our left backs is interesting ;
View attachment 45224View attachment 45225

The big question is he coming as a starter or backup? if you look at the data both Cancelo and Zinny were better. He is also coming with a price tag of $41 million. If this player is signed that will be the last of Zinny in a City shirt because he won't start over any of our current mid.
But Cancelo was signed to compete with Walker at right back and he will continue to do so because Walker has not played more than 42 games since 2018/19 and Cancelo has not played more than 43 games in any season before 21/22, so there will be heavy rotation. The only experienced left back we have is Zinny and he's not going to play 50/60 games so if we add a left back he will come as a replacement for Mendy, playing anything up to 35/40 games if he fits Pep's tactical plans. If Zinny goes we have to replace Mendy and Zinny because to keep Cancelo & Walker at a high fitness they cannot be overplayed if possible and that means less games for Cancelo at left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.