Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it in a nutshell. We all love the lad and his 100% passion and commitment but at the very top level he's found wanting. That's not his fault of course and in fairness left back isn't his natural position. At the very top level, which in the latter stages is the champions League, we also are often found wanting in the centre of defence and the keeper. That was proven against Madrid and a couple of seasons ago against Spurs.
I will support any City player through thick and thin. But your raised a point about the keeper. When I watched the CL final I could not help but think if Ederson faced some of those shots they would have gone in. Now, I love Ederson, but can not help but think he is six inches too short . His distribution is epic, but in a sense can not stop thinking that is some way he is protected by our possession stats and not having to make many saves. ????

I will support any City player through thick and thin. But your raised a point about the keeper. When I watched the CL final I could not help but think if Ederson faced some of those shots they would have gone in. Now, I love Ederson, but can not help but think he is six inches too short . His distribution is epic, but in a sense can not stop thinking that is some way he is protected by our possession stats and not having to make many saves. ????

It's a subject that divides fans often with quite strong opinions. I think he's great with his distribution and calm under pressure but bang average at all other aspects.

Sorry but as much as I love him if we get £30mil or more we should take it

Hes a great servant And a great squad player, but he is just that....a squad player

And while he's filled in admirably, there are still some big questions marks that he's even a real left back let alone whether he's a world class one or not

I've said it before but think in a normal team where possession is hard to come by, he gets exposed as a LB....hes just not natural there in any system other than ours

Thanks for the memories, and don't get me wrong ill be happy for him to stay...but if we can get good money I'd sell him and invest in a natural LB like cucurella which we genuinely haven't had since the days of Clichy/Kolarov

Sorry but as much as I love him if we get £30mil or more we should take it

Hes a great servant And a great squad player, but he is just that....a squad player

And while he's filled in admirably, there are still some big questions marks that he's even a real left back let alone whether he's a world class one or not

I've said it before but think in a normal team where possession is hard to come by, he gets exposed as a LB....hes just not natural there in any system other than ours

Thanks for the memories, and don't get me wrong ill be happy for him to stay...but if we can get good money I'd sell him and invest in a natural LB like cucurella which we genuinely haven't had since the days of Clichy/Kolarov
Is this Zinchenko, Cancelo or Ake? ;-)

You a bit of a Size Queen, Bert?

He did but he's bloody lucky we were still in the game to do so after his clusterfuck of a starting lineup. All's well that ends well though.

Putting Fernandinho for his last match will never be a mistake in my eyes, it's risky thing to do for sure but Pep wants to give a club captain have been given so much for our team a nice parting gift.

Our manager is not some heartless man that only cares about winning, he also the man that cares deeply for player that given so much like Fernandinho for our team.

It's sentimental decision that will risk our chance to win the title, but it's also the reason on why he is one of the greats. He is not only have genius mind, but also a great man that able to connect with his player and bring the best of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.