Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame they didn't call you as an expert witness to the independent inquiry then isn't it? Bit like all those Liverpool fans who know all about our finances and never got called by CAS.

Duckenfield manifestly failed in his duty of care at every stage, knew he'd failed, lied to cover his tracks and got the whole establishment to do the same. He was negligent & directly complicit in those deaths.

Including my mates dad who was dibble and said his lad had made it all up when he tried to tell him what had happened - told him to never mention it again.

Any chance of Russian involvement in this? Wasn't it originally slated for St Petersburg moved at short notice to Paris when the Russians attacked Ukraine? I mean if so wouldn't the Russians have an idea of what current tickets should look like and the FSB would love the chance to spread a bit of western mischief?
I mean if that's true then they've done their research by only targeting dippers as the fans stupid enough to buy them.

I think it has never been disputed by anyone that opening the gates was a mistake. If you know Hillsborough it was the nearest tunnel to the gate that they all went down it and that's what caused most of the crush. As has been said before, the stadium was a death-trap without even a safety licence. It was always dangerous in the Lepping Lane before it became all-seated.
Sadly how many death traps where out there before Hillsborough happened ......... huge fence over crowded grounds ......... Valley was rebuilt in 1986 it was the safest ground in the league at the time but soon as Hillsborough happened the capacity dropped from 16k to 14k so was the 2k unsafe then ????? And it happened to a hell of a lot of teams at the time

I'm amazed in this day & age, esepcially for Europes flasgship tournament that tickets are not digital only. Sent to an App on a phone of the ticket holder and that can only made active say 3 hours before kick off.

At least then the only person who has the ticket is the owner of the mobile device.

I know the counter arguement will be not everybody has a smart phone, but for a game where your allocation is a 1/3 of your home games so tickets are rare, the cost of getting a ticket and to the match etc, if you don't have one you won't be going.

I remember it well. I videoed it and sent it to the press and got ZERO response. And to Liverpool FC and got ZERO response. I had a video of coppers on horses to 'my left' who on seeing the crushing literally just turned the horses around so there were no coppers on view despite numerous people shouting they were crushed.
They are absolute filth. No other club is like them and just look at almost every other Prem League forum and they are all agreeing this is 'only ever Liverpool'
No fake tickets - no issues.

So after Saturday will Liverpool have better access to the Anfield Road end for away fans? Have had piss thrown down on me from above and the stewards and police just laugh.

They had to open the gates to relieve the crush that had built up as they didn't funnel fans properly along Leppings Lane, as the operational plan required.

The plan also called for the monitoring of the central pens and required police and stewards to block the tunnel leading to those pens, directing fans to the outside pens. I've seen the video taken after the disaster and you almost certainly wouldn't find those entrances if you were looking for them. So closing off access to the central pens was vital if they were at or over capacity.

Duckenfield, in the Control Room, could see that those central pens were at capacity well before kick off. He failed to react despite a number of messages being relayed to him about the situation. Eventually, he acceded to the demand of thr police outside the stadium to open Gate C but didn't instruct them to stop fans accessing the tunnel to the central pens. When the disaster occurred, and the scale became clear, he told his superiors that fans had forced open the gate, in order to save his incompetent, negligent, lying skin. He should have gone to prison but coppers often seem, like Liverpool fans, to be immune to the consequences of their actions.

It was that lie that they held on to for so many years that stopped these families from grieving properly. He froze and should have held his hands up at the time but it just shows the systemic contempt dibble held us fans in really.

Saturday will go down in Dipper history , there will be a minutes silence and candles and wreaths galore for the "We nearly got killed in Paris" yearly anniversary every 28/06 ,................................... because it means more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.