Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
ridiculous idea, every kick-in inside the opposition half will turn in to a set piece for the majority of teams - will take much longer - effectively like a corner or freekick which take much lnoger on average than throw ins.
Introducing offside would take care of that, especially if there was a time limit.

I like McCoist but I don't really think he looked in to this one. Keita for north of £50 million is shite business and whatever they paid for Minamino was too much. When the hype dies down about Garcia they'll realise they wasted money there too

Minamino was about 8M, and the signing presumably had the intent of getting coverage in Japan.

ridiculous idea, every kick-in inside the opposition half will turn in to a set piece for the majority of teams - will take much longer - effectively like a corner or freekick which take much lnoger on average than throw ins.

Would end up turning football into rugby Union with their line outs. Throw ins keeps the fast pace of the game, we don’t want it to turn into who can get the most men in the box to head it in.

I’d much rather they lost Mane. No idea why you think it’s a positive for us if they keep him mate? I’m sure Klopp would be ecstatic if he stays

if mane stays but doesnt sign a new contract - its good for the dippers short term (the coming season), disasterous long term

if he stays and signs a new contract - its good both short and long term for the dippers

The idea is to take the throw in within 5 seconds, if not the kick in is awarded to the other team. That won’t happen, first of all the player has to retrieve the ball, then the opposition has to retreat a given number of yards, then players will pile in the box, as you say ridiculous idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.