Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
White’s form for England has been far better than Houghton’s in recent seasons. Bought on is a legend but only on Blue Moan would White get dropped given her excellent record for England.
After only scoring 4 league goals all season she maybe shouldn't even be selected n an England squad, it is ok smashing goals in against substandard International teams but it seems to be a lot harder in the WPL for White, she has been poor for City for quite a while tbh.

Another player that is England first but that is just my opinion.

I am not for replacing Hemp or Kelly but she needs to remain and be an option for rotation or off the bench, we are not going to go through the season and just need two wingers, though they are probably the best two wingers in the league imo.

I just think Park has something to offer, she has a belting shot on her and is very attack orientated and one of our own.
Yes I like Park too and she has a lot going for her. We certainly need the strength in depth too.

Park has to learn that when a Champs League winner like Losada are screaming for the ball
In a better position, she needs to release the ball early. Sometimes Park’s slowing down he ball makes her predictable to opposition defenders.

Can I just add about Park?

I think she tends to take the lead from more senior attackers for her decision making of late. I've found if she doesn't see the movement ahead of her for a clean ball through, she'll slow down.

In her early introduction to the team, she was taking players on regardless of where the attacker was, so I feel like this has been coached out of her.

I'd like the early Jess Park back!

Wiegmann comes across as a manager who excels at thumping garbage teams. Any other team then the lack of quality and LEADERSHIP in her side is there for all to see. Looks like a stubborn, hard faced individual who has selected some utter jokes in that England squad. Katy Zelem almost made it????
Charley Wellings of Celtic is a better goal threat than either Ellen White, Beth England or Nikita Parris…….and was never even considered.
The female version of PizzaHead. There's not much difference between the men's and women's England teams. They can batter those teams that make up the numbers but get up against a team who can play a bit and they pretty much end up doing all the chasing! Wiegmann wants a trouble-free, low maintenance tenure and this is reflected in the team. It won't be long before Houghton's exclusion is shown to be a poor call!

Can I just add about Park?

I think she tends to take the lead from more senior attackers for her decision making of late. I've found if she doesn't see the movement ahead of her for a clean ball through, she'll slow down.

In her early introduction to the team, she was taking players on regardless of where the attacker was, so I feel like this has been coached out of her.

I'd like the early Jess Park back!
Yeah, much more dynamic and she has the wherewithal to outdo most FBs, and she can thump a ball! The thing about football these days is that too much of the creative, innate, individual talent is coached out in the name of the team ethic. We don't want a team full of Rodneys but occasionally, against a dour, defensively-minded team with little else in their locker, the individual spark is the answer, and Jess Park has, or had, that!

The problem we have for Jess Park and her development is that we have 5 players fighting for the 2 wide spots. Obviously Hemp & Kelly are the first choice but then there's also Raso & Blackstad for her to contend with too.
Jess only just signed a contract extension to 2026. So a season on loan with first team football may be the way to go to enhance her development. However, a swap for another 1st team goalie seems a tad strange.

After only scoring 4 league goals all season she maybe shouldn't even be selected n an England squad, it is ok smashing goals in against substandard International teams but it seems to be a lot harder in the WPL for White, she has been poor for City for quite a while tbh.

Another player that is England first but that is just my opinion.
Ellen White has a fantastic touch when inside the penalty area, and that is where her best work starts and ends. But the goal haul last season was lacklustre. I would say, also, that she is the second striker after Bunny Shaw! She's a finisher and delivers little else to the party.

Ellen White has a fantastic touch when inside the penalty area, and that is where her best work starts and ends. But the goal haul last season was lacklustre. I would say, also, that she is the second striker after Bunny Shaw! She's a finisher and delivers little else to the party.
White always was good as a link-up striker but also could get her fair share of goals, which seems to have dimmed in a light blue shirt, Bunny Shaw is as you say the opposite but at least she knows where the goal is and really should be perfect for a team with two wingers as good as we possess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.