The Alan Ball era

people will probably point to Pearce but for me this was the worst of times. A literally unbelievable appointment of a person with an average (at best) managerial eecord

What WAS Franny thinking???
All that shit we went through to get Swales out. And this is what we got.

From that time the things that stick out - Brian Horton was a great guy and did great things with the players he had and money allowed. Alan Ball took that and it all fell apart. A very uninspiring character.

I've always tried to be enthusiastic about new managers, Jesus, even when they're ex-United players. But couldn't muster any joy or hope when Squeaker was announced...just prayed that it was merely a bad dream.
All I remember fondly of his time with us, was his last game - a glorious 2-1 defeat at Stoke, where the whole ground were giving him dog's abuse for 90 mins.
Unquestionably our worst manager ever...you had to be there.

Remember when we got smashed five nil at Anfield I think what was the league cup and he said that he enjoyed it?

Pissed off and replaced the likes of Paul Walsh, Tony Coton and Terry Phelan to be replaced by Creaney, Immel and Frontzeck. Rosler didn’t like him got dropped for the derby at Maine Road came on and scored and made a few angry gestures towards the bench.

Would Horton have kept us low to mid table if Lee hadn’t decided to bring his mate in?

Well he lasted longer than Steve Coppell (which was his only achievement) what was it 33 days or something? Fella had an aversion to going outside the M25 even though he was born in dipperland….back on topic, I’d rather AB lasted 33 days, awful manager

Remember when we got smashed five nil at Anfield I think what was the league cup and he said that he enjoyed it?

Pissed off and replaced the likes of Paul Walsh, Tony Coton and Terry Phelan to be replaced by Creaney, Immel and Frontzeck. Rosler didn’t like him got dropped for the derby at Maine Road came on and scored and made a few angry gestures towards the bench.

Would Horton have kept us low to mid table if Lee hadn’t decided to bring his mate in?

I went to that one and Im pretty sure it was 4-0 but remember those comments. If memory serves me correct we went back in the league 4 days later and got beat 6-0

Remember when we get smashed five nil at Anfield I think what was the league cup and he said that he enjoyed it?

I think Horton was widely respected by the players, and given a bit of time he could have made a decent go of it. I'd like to think top half of the table was a possibility. Ball was just a dinosaur with old and outdated ideas of how to manage a football team, both on and off the field.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.