The Alan Ball era

I think Horton was widely respected by the players, and given a bit of time he could have made a decent go of it. I'd like to think top half of the table was a possibility. Ball was just a dinosaur with old and outdated ideas of how to manage a football team, both on and off the field.

Football was good to watch under Horton, three strikers and two wingers. Even Pep couldn’t think that system up.

My Psychiatrist as asked for this thread to be closed.

Just been on transfermarkt to reminded myself that he sold the likes of walsh, flitcroft, phelan, Coton and brought in buster Phillips, creaney, clough and according to the website a right back on loan called Giuseppe Mazzarell who I have no recollection of.

I could name some of the others but I can feel my ibs starting just thinking about it.

I went to that one and Im pretty sure it was 4-0 but remember those comments. If memory serves me correct we went back in the league 4 days later and got beat 6-0

Awful, awful times. Think we had to wait until October until we actually won a game, Bolton at home if I’m right. People who have only ever known us being good should be given a dvd of that season to remind them to never take it for granted.

Remember his first game,a friendly at Burnley when Lee Bradbury scored,looked at Alan Ball walking off the pitch with his flat cap,and thought he isn’t the man to take us higher.

Remember his last game at Stoke away where both sets of fans where in agreement about his being sacked in the morning and how much he was disliked by both. Arguably the worst manager ever in terms of results, connection with the players, fans and media. Telling senior pros that he was a World Cup winner and flashing his medal around 30 years after the event was only going to end in tears and it did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.