Discontent that will end the Tory Govt is coming

You could see the signs for a recession coming months ago.

I have, literally, fought myself not to post this in the last month, especially.
In a way I’m lucky I’m retiring soon mortgage free but I’ve told the wife to start making plans for a harsh winter, everything is rising, so no wasting food etc, already reduced some subscription services down and we’ve got IPTV, luxuries for now will have to wait. I genuinely do fear for the younger 20/30 sometimes who’ve not really known what it can be like to struggle. When you see the cost of housing and they got them on low interest rates if they don’t fix soon they could be well and truly screwed.

This is a classic tory minister argument that's been debunked because giving people pay rises to cope with rising prices isn't going to lead to higher inflation. Because a lot of the money is recycled back into the economy and I doubt the pay rises are going to be as high as inflation.

Again tosh this is political choices which we were fed during the Osbornomics era. The budget isn't fixed because why are MP's being rewarded with pay increases every year without fail? But its funny how the pensioners are ok to give them a pay rise

No 10 defends giving above-inflation rise to pensioners but not to public sector workers​

At the Downing Street lobby briefing the prime minister’s spokesperson was asked to explain why the government was opposing above-inflation pay rises for public sector workers, on the grounds they would be inflationary, while approving an above-inflation increase in the value of the state pension for next year.

I agree help the lowest paid first.

The old get on your bike theory which is all well and good if you are young and can move around. But if you are older married, children mortgage and already working 3 jobs what else can you do get a 4th job on nights and give up sleeping.
So the costs of providing goods and services go up, but the price of the goods and services remain the same?

I see there are a lot of David Ike types when it comes to basic economics these day.

So the costs of providing goods and services go up, but the price of the goods and services remain the same?

I see there are a lot of David Ike types when it comes to basic economics these day.
Until corporations are content with 1-2% profits.
Until shareholder dividends are typically 1-2%.
Until board level pay rises and bonuses are 1-2%.
Until the government keeps taxation at a fair level.
Until then, the argument that workers pay rising at less than the rate of inflation, and is actually the main cause of that inflation, that argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

This is a classic tory minister argument that's been debunked because giving people pay rises to cope with rising prices isn't going to lead to higher inflation. Because a lot of the money is recycled back into the economy and I doubt the pay rises are going to be as high as inflation.

Also as inflation is now 9% and predicted to get up to 11%+ next year - the rail workers are looking for 7% - if the settlement is lower than inflation how can it be inflationary? As of Feb 2022 according to the ONS annual wage inflation was already 5.4% so I'd guess 7% would be what would be the expected wage inflation by the time its implemented.

Until corporations are content with 1-2% profits.
Until shareholder dividends are typically 1-2%.
Until board level pay rises and bonuses are 1-2%.
Until the government keeps taxation at a fair level.
Until then, the argument that workers pay rising at less than the rate of inflation, and is actually the main cause of that inflation, that argument doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
All costs contribute, wages and fuel being large variables.

The looney right wingers claiming there is no link is laughable.

Also as inflation is now 9% and predicted to get up to 11%+ next year - the rail workers are looking for 7% - if the settlement is lower than inflation how can it be inflationary? As of Feb 2022 according to the ONS annual wage inflation was already 5.4% so I'd guess 7% would be what would be the expected wage inflation by the time its implemented.
Any rise is costs is inflationary.

The thing for some industries is timing, for example colleges and universities tend to atrike once students are signed up and in, need to strike from GCSE/A Level results day up to the new student year, Enrolment is where HE/FE make their money, a strike then will panic them and in turm pressue the government.

Same goes for the hospitality industry where unionised, as soon as summer hols are due to hit, pull labour, companies will again comain to tge government.

Problem is tbe government don't seem arsed if people suffer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.