Discontent that will end the Tory Govt is coming

Oh fuck off…
Shit wages, zero hours vacancies…
There are lot of skill shortages driving up wages in most professions and skilled jobs. 150% increase on pre-covid for jobs over £40k which is over double minimum wage.

People would rather throw insults about than actually look at the opportunities available.

There are lot of skill shortages driving up wages in most professions and skilled jobs. 150% increase on pre-covid for jobs over £40k which is over double minimum wage.

People would rather throw insults about than actually look at the opportunities available.

Really? How many have you seen/applied for? I jacked in work in May 2021 - still getting invites to apply for jobs but the algorithms those agencies use are clearly getting tweeked as the breadth of the opportunities seems in a lot of cases not to be for my skillset. Its interesting that some jobs I get sent to me in my line which were "Full time perm home based - £45 - £60K PA with a car with benefits" are now coming around as " 24 month contract work from home - £30- 40k - no car and no mention of benefits" - there is clearly a tightening of belts

No, retailers got the green light to increase profits by 5p overnight is what actually happened and in doing so ensured this rabble of a government missed out on nothing tax revenue wise.

Absolute joke what is happening re fuel in this country in fact it’s not funny, it’s no joke it’s a corporate fucking crime.
What I don't get, all these energy companies saying they are making so much profit they don't know what to do with it, why don't they just drop their fucking prices then?!!

Most of us depend on the media, we cannot "sit in" on who said what, or board-room meetings etc. And there it all goes to shit. Like never before, the media/tory/brexit alliance have lied and lied again, have abandoned "reporting news" in favour of propaganda. abandoned any pretence of running a country in the interests of the vast majority who are merely collateral damage. instead we have lurid headlines, slogans, personal vendettas against selected targets, white-wash after white-wash, the latest Times fiasco being just one of many examples, and no-one elects the media barons...Under proportional voting the dacre/murdoch influence would be diluted and democracy may have a chance. Until then, more austerity, more unrest, more homeless, more isolation for what is now a "rogue state" uk.

Really? How many have you seen/applied for? I jacked in work in May 2021 - still getting invites to apply for jobs but the algorithms those agencies use are clearly getting tweeked as the breadth of the opportunities seems in a lot of cases not to be for my skillset. Its interesting that some jobs I get sent to me in my line which were "Full time perm home based - £45 - £60K PA with a car with benefits" are now coming around as " 24 month contract work from home - £30- 40k - no car and no mention of benefits" - there is clearly a tightening of belts
All the public sector jobs on the Greater Jobs website, a lack of investment for 14 years and now lot of shortages, and jobs being regraded up to attract people.

I am recruiting not applying, and it is impossible these days.

I thought the idea of Brexit was to create a high wage economy?

The BoE argued against pay rises at the start of the year, predicting that inflation would ‘peak‘ at 9% in the autumn. It’s already over that and showing no signs of stopping, and even when it starts to come down, maybe later next year, prices will not come back down, so people will invariably be significantly poorer.

What I don't get, all these energy companies saying they are making so much profit they don't know what to do with it, why don't they just drop their fucking prices then?!!

because they are granted a level in £ that they can charge up to so why would they sell at X - £10 when they can just go up to X?

Like the minimum and living wage - give firms a basement floor and that justifies them paying low wages - why pay more when you don't have to?

The common denominator between these two stances is it is as ever the poorest, those on lowest incomes, are the ones who suffer the most

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.