Discontent that will end the Tory Govt is coming

Lady on TV this morning saying people struggling with lease cars etc, lots of people in the shit very very soon. I would hope it will stop people living in credit, however I thought after lockdown people might have a change in attitude and no they went back to been bellends in fact worse.
The problem is people need cars to get around and leasing is the most financially sensible way to do it, at least for a new car anyway. PCP or HP deals will likely now cost more than a mortgage in many cases and how many people have the cash to buy a car outright?

I've just leased a Tesla (won't come until September), I've had it locked in a deal since ordering in April but if I started a new deal today then the price would be 20% higher but the price Tesla themselves are charging hasn't gone up... Because of demand the lease companies are therefore basically milking customers dry just as companies are doing in every market.

What's going on out there is pure profiteering from what is still a supply crisis. Take a supermarket like Tesco for example, they've had a supply crisis so food costs have gone up.... You'd expect them to therefore make less money with higher costs but they've actually increased their profits by 60% this year.

We should be blaming companies for the impact of continued inflation as it's their choice to not only pass on costs but to profit from it. We shouldn't shy away from shaming companies that are not willing to at the very least pass these windfalls down to the employees that do the work.

Last edited:
The state pension will go up from April 2023, by the highest of:
1. CPI inflation in September 2022.
2. 2.5%
3. Increase in earnings as @ (I think) July 2022.

It is almost certainly going to be 1. And inflation has a strange way of dipping in September, trust me.

Listened to this caller Adam earlier. He should have stuck at his opening statement of "I don't like trades unions". He is typical of the British voter at large - "informed" by the media and so with that information decides " unions are bad and I don't like them" - but is unable to back up that stance with any meaningful argument. He is entitled to hold that opinion but its probably advisable not to demonstrate how ill informed you are on a national radio station. Just to use the railways as an example a quick Google indicates @115k people work on them - can you imagine the size of the HR dept needed to discuss with each of them individually? The time it would all take? The cost?

Lady on TV this morning saying people struggling with lease cars etc, lots of people in the shit very very soon. I would hope it will stop people living in credit, however I thought after lockdown people might have a change in attitude and no they went back to been bellends in fact worse.
This attitude in people is a major cause of where we are at the moment. Everything is on lease/hire purchase these days and no one knows the value of anything anymore.

Also, as everything is bought like this, the initial cost of things has soared as a result.

A car I bought new in 2006 was £6,500. The equivalent model today would cost me £18,500.

No one gives a fuck about anybody outside of their family these days, maybe a few years where they can’t afford things they don’t need will do some good.

The problem is people need cars to get around and leasing is the most financially sensible way to do it, at least for a new car anyway. PCP or HP deals will likely now cost more than a mortgage in many cases and how many people have the cash to buy a car outright?

I've just leased a Tesla (won't come until September), I've had it locked in a deal since ordering in April but if I started a new deal today then the price would be 10% higher but the price Tesla themselves are charging hasn't gone up... Because of demand the lease companies are therefore basically milking customers dry just as companies are doing in every market.

What's going on out there is pure profiteering from what is still a supply crisis. Take a supermarket like Tesco for example, they've had a supply crisis so food costs have gone up.... You'd expect them to therefore make less money with higher costs but they've actually increased their profits by 60% this year.

We should be blaming companies for the impact of continued inflation as it's their choice to not only pass on costs but to profit from it. We shouldn't shy away from shaming companies that are not willing to at the very least pass these windfalls down to the employees that do the work.
Why does everyone need a brand new BMW, Mercedes etc, get an old banger to run around in, it’s just this generation of everything has to be new, start at the bottom and work up. Youve got 20 year olds driving £50k cars! Well they are going to have a shock coming. In regard Tesla I did see a video that they have increased their prices significantly as well.

Edf offered me a fixed term two weeks ago of £250 a month it’s now £297 I’m currently paying £230 last year I was on £110!! Going to be a rough winter :(

when I last changed I went onto a deal where they bill me and I pay them - no DD no nothing as I was sick of them holding my money as they could never get it right.

Now it may not be the cheapest tariff BUT.....Q1 this year - £603 so about equivalent of £200pm. Q2 just now - £455 and thats with the April increase so down to about £150pm.

Suits me fine - any "spare" money is in my account not theirs and I don't think even with the next uplift I won't hit £3k for the year - I have taken back control lol

when I last changed I went onto a deal where they bill me and I pay them - no DD no nothing as I was sick of them holding my money as they could never get it right.

Now it may not be the cheapest tariff BUT.....Q1 this year - £603 so about equivalent of £200pm. Q2 just now - £455 and thats with the April increase so down to about £150pm.

Suits me fine - any "spare" money is in my account not theirs and I don't think even with the next uplift I won't hit £3k for the year - I have taken back control lol
I’ve gone on a smart meter I’m not sure if they will give a refund every month as EDF take readings every 6 months normally but with this they will get an exact cost every hour, so in theory I should just pay each month what I use and put the extra in an account for winter. Can I ask to do this I have no idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.