General Videogame Thread

Dunno if this is the right place for this but I seemed to have got/found a proper bargain headset yesterday in CEX. My 9 year old daughter norsed the jackplug on her headset for her switch so was unable to waffle with her schoolmates in Creative on Fortnite (a fate worse than any unholy apocalypse) I think they use it as a kind of minecraft environment.

Anyhow to stop the constant thieving of her siblings headsets i went on the hunt for budget pair (i'm skint) in CEX, found a brand i had never heard of but the build quality felt good and after quantifying i could bring them back if they didn't work i took them home for 10 of her majesties pounds

I set up the Xiberia V20 and had a little go on RDR2 and I was totally blown away with the nuance Rockstar added to the audio when listened to

i was mightily impressed with the directional sound clarity and the comfort/noise reduction was magnificent.

Don't get me wrong i'm sure there are much better headsets out there but not for a tenner

I think the Steam summer sale starts tonight or tomorrow, hoping for RDR2 at a good price and a bit of money off starters orders 7, I'm still playing 6

Edit: sale starts at 6pm tonight!!

Last edited:
Well after all the build up and the expectations, the new ps plus is here.

Apart from adding returnal to ps plus, it's a bit crap in my opinion. I've been pushed to the premium tier as I had ps now and ps plus previously, and from what I see it's essentially those two services merged and they're pretending it's something new and great.

For an expected renewal of £99 per year I'll not be extending my membership for sure. Luckily I have until 2024 until that happens thanks to cheap card stacking. For half that I may consider it, if the new plus games added this year are going to be top quality, otherwise hard pass.

They also got rid of quote a few games too. My 6 year old was casually playing Spirit of the North and now it's gone from the collection, £13.99 if I want to buy it. F you Sony.

Last edited:
Well after all the build up and the expectations, the new ps plus is here.

Apart from adding returnal to ps plus, it's a bit crap in my opinion. I've been pushed to the premium tier as I had ps now and ps plus previously, and from what I see it's essentially those two services merged and they're pretending it's something new and great.

For an expected renewal of £99 per year I'll not be extending my membership for sure. Luckily I have until 2024 until that happens thanks to cheap card stacking. For half that I may consider it, if the new plus games added this year are going to be top quality, otherwise hard pass.

They also got rid of quote a few games too. My 6 year old was casually playing Spirit of the North and now it's gone from the collection, £13.99 if I want to buy it. F you Sony.
I cant even figure out how to buy the 12mth subscription? Only offering me 1mth at £13.49 a mth sack that!!!

Extended trailer of A Plague Tale: Requiem released yesterday. Looks beautiful.

Release date 18 Oct so a while to wait yet :(

Dunno if this is the right place for this but I seemed to have got/found a proper bargain headset yesterday in CEX. My 9 year old daughter norsed the jackplug on her headset for her switch so was unable to waffle with her schoolmates in Creative on Fortnite (a fate worse than any unholy apocalypse) I think they use it as a kind of minecraft environment.

Anyhow to stop the constant thieving of her siblings headsets i went on the hunt for budget pair (i'm skint) in CEX, found a brand i had never heard of but the build quality felt good and after quantifying i could bring them back if they didn't work i took them home for 10 of her majesties pounds

I set up the Xiberia V20 and had a little go on RDR2 and I was totally blown away with the nuance Rockstar added to the audio when listened to

i was mightily impressed with the directional sound clarity and the comfort/noise reduction was magnificent.

Don't get me wrong i'm sure there are much better headsets out there but not for a tenner

I'm impressed that you managed to get hold of something functional from CeX. I've ordered from there twice and have yet to receive an item or game that hasn't been beaten within an inch of its life.

The first one was onsale for about £6 I've never played it, would you recommend it?

I really would, yes. If you're after mad action it's not your game, but if you're after a story driven action-adventure game with great characters then I really recommend it. I know some people say it's too 'guided' and combat is simplistic but I just got really involved in the story.

I really would, yes. If you're after mad action it's not your game, but if you're after a story driven action-adventure game with great characters then I really recommend it. I know some people say it's too 'guided' and combat is simplistic but I just got really involved in the story.
Think it might be worth a punt then it's £7 in the sale

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.