Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't underestimate Edersons importance to how we play from the back, I think your failing to recognise the importance of Kev, he's won us far more games than Eddie has saved us.
By the way, I currently think Rodri is more important than both of them.
No one is disputing that KDB has more goal contributions than Ederson.

What we are suggesting though, is that Ederson is pivotal in how we play. Without him, KDB doesn’t get that ball in the half spaces with time to play the killer ball.

Would you say David Silva was better than KDB? His goal contributions probably say that he isn’t, yet he probably has far more “pre-assists”.

It‘s not just about goal contributions. Ederson makes our team far more stable when he is in it.

I’d agree with you that Rodri is just as vital as Ederson in the system and style we play.

Really?? I suppose it’s subjective, Dax, but he literally safeguards the risk factor Pep employs; we know he wants the numbers centrally to attack from different angles and that is lacking with anyone else, however, it will be part of his thinking moving forward, I just think you’re probably 12/18 months early!
I think I'm most games, Cancelo will be preferred. And Walker more so in away games in CL or against top clubs.

But in 90% of our games, Cancelo will be a preferred starter if he shows a form similar to his early season form last season.

Checking minutes played for outfield seniors, I noticed he noticed he is only behind Cancelo (4622) at 3948.... more or less tied with Rodri (3928).

Laporte is >100mins behind. After those three, the next player in the list, KDB, played 500 minutes less.

Seven whole games!? And even KDB was playing far more than Grealish, Gundo, Walker, Sterling, Jesus.

Not only that, Bernie has the second highest "points per game", behind KDB.

The case for him getting recognition from the club for his efforts, is very strong.

Pretty much agree with that, apart from Ederson being a cheat code with his passing. He’d have made some difference. Whether it would have meant winning the league is impossible to know.
Yeah, he’d of certainly bailed a few out of the proverbial but the confusion, notably stones, clichy etc still resonates, he also brought AK into the back line if memory serves… however, Pep really stamped the idea it couldn’t be done into oblivion when he got Herman, the philosophy was ingrained and the rest is history (:

Checking minutes played for outfield seniors, I noticed he noticed he is only behind Cancelo (4622) at 3948.... more or less tied with Rodri (3928).

Laporte is >100mins behind. After those three, the next player in the list, KDB, played 500 minutes less.

Seven whole games!? And even KDB was playing far more than Grealish, Gundo, Walker, Sterling, Jesus.

Not only that, Bernie has the second highest "points per game", behind KDB.

The case for him getting recognition from the club for his efforts, is very strong.
Problem for Bernie is that he doesn’t want to be here. Signing a new contract ties him down.

Yeah, he’d of certainly bailed a few out of the proverbial but the confusion, notably stones, clichy etc still resonates, he also brought AK into the back line if memory serves… however, Pep really stamped the idea it couldn’t be done into oblivion when he got Herman, the philosophy was ingrained and the rest is history (:
Absolutely and it was a shame that Bravo dropped a clanger at the swamp on his debut. His confidence never really seemed to recover.

If we’d had a confident keeper, that would have helped Kolarov, Stones etc out more.

New full backs helped too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.