It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Any out there would like to see Adarabioyo come back if Ake leaves. Left as a boy and would come back a man. Has improved immensely with regular game time. Homegrown as well so helps the squad numbers. It would also show academy players that they can leave for development but still get back to City if they prove themselves.

Tbh i can’t recall if it was but we use to bowl through the precinct, while the Mexican standoff between the ‘gangs’ were playing Vietnam (: mad times but he taught us to not give 2 fucks and walk right through the military lines (: he’d probably be labelled with some safeguard notion today but for me, and I’d say our kids, it’s built into our dna in the best possible way!
I’m from mossside use to go to burley high use to go threw prescient every day lived of Quincey crescent tough times but good time remember the highway

If Luke Mbete shows that he can really handle the pressure and takes the 4th spot (along with the likes of Cucrella, Walker,Phillips) then any Centre Back we do bring in to replace Nathan Ake would be a waste of a squad place money and would be difficult to move on in the future. Besides that there aren't many replacements that could fit in that role and would be content with that with the World Cup looming.

We've not trusted Taylor-Bellis as a 4th centre back despite him being highly rated. Similar for Tosin. Mbete could turn out better than both, but I don't think he's achieved more at his age than either of them had.

You might want him to be treated as 4th centre back, but all past evidence suggests we won't do that.

Last edited:
With Bale signing for LAFC I am hoping to see his agent Barnett in our synagogue in Beverly Hills. One my friends (gooner) is friendly with him. You never know, maybe I can get the odd juicy morsel from him over a whiskey or two. All a far cry from the Prestwich and Whitefield of my youth.

Ah the old baths behind the bus depot, was it Bowes Street? Cousins lived directly facing on Princess Road. Houses were cleared and they got moved to Wythenshawe, just a grass verge with trees now.
Then they opened the giant new pool in the leisure centre iirc?
Broadfield Road Baths to give its proper name.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.