It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

As someone who used to catch the 53 bus alone from Longsight at the age of 14, to play 5-a-side in the insane gladiatorial arena that was the old Moss Side Leisure Centre, I 100% concur
Haha, many a ride on the 53, mainly to cheetham hill (:

Also some of my best memories as a nipper were my dad sneaking us in to moss side baths on a weekend when we were skint, he was and still is my hero, not for his sketchy nature but his understanding of the importance of, despite hard times, engagement with his boys, he lived for us and still does… hardship means fuck all with people like that and it inspires me every day with the work I do!

Haha, many a ride on the 53, mainly to cheetham hill (:

Also some of my best memories as a nipper were my dad sneaking us in to moss side baths on a weekend when we were skint, he was and still is my hero, not for his sketchy nature but his understanding of the importance of, despite hard times, engagement with his boys, he lived for us and still does… hardship means fuck all with people like that and it inspires me every day with the work I do!
Ah the old baths behind the bus depot, was it Bowes Street? Cousins lived directly facing on Princess Road. Houses were cleared and they got moved to Wythenshawe, just a grass verge with trees now.
Then they opened the giant new pool in the leisure centre iirc?

Ah the old baths behind the bus depot, was it Bowes Street? Cousins lived directly facing on Princess Road. Houses were cleared and they got moved to Wythenshawe, just a grass verge with trees now.
Then they opened the giant new pool in the leisure centre iirc?
Tbh i can’t recall if it was but we use to bowl through the precinct, while the Mexican standoff between the ‘gangs’ were playing Vietnam (: mad times but he taught us to not give 2 fucks and walk right through the military lines (: he’d probably be labelled with some safeguard notion today but for me, and I’d say our kids, it’s built into our dna in the best possible way!

Tbh i can’t recall if it was but we use to bowl through the precinct, while the Mexican standoff between the ‘gangs’ were playing Vietnam (: mad times but he taught us to not give 2 fucks and walk right through the military lines (: he’d probably be labelled with some safeguard notion today but for me, and I’d say our kids, it’s built into our dna in the best possible way!
“Character building”

It has been pure popcorn.
Glad Tolmie called their bluff.
Never met the fella or his brother, despite obviously knowing many mutual people, but he has good standing and is time served.
If Ric stands firmly beside him then he is gold. There is no better reference than that.
Why should he sit back and let blaggers and chancers take money out of his pocket? This is his job.
For those who think ‘professional’ journalists don’t steal stuff from forums and Twitter, you are disastrously incorrect. That is increasingly all they do, in fact.
I know. I have seen it first hand.
Ornstein was cited earlier in this thread as an exemplar. Wrong.
He basically has an ‘in’ with one agent, Barnett, but the industry is a village so he will occasionally get to hear a bit of the village’s second hand gossip.
He’s not far off Castles, tbf, whose credibility is so irreparably damged that he is now considered unemployable on staff in England.
That’s why he relentlessly plugs his ‘transfer podcast’ with the old soak Nixon. It’s a clickbait scam.
Instead, Castles is little more than a “useful idiot” and instrument of Mendes’ third/fourth string guy. He doesn’t even have a direct line to the main man ffs, yet was still willing to debase himself with increasingly deranged Mourinho worship, to try and ingratiate himself with the Big Boss.
But he still has a couple of mates on the industry desks who will throw him a sympathy commission now and again.
Who knows? Maybe they also have an embarrassing liverpool taxi story they would rather nobody ever knows about?

Tl:dr: I’ll side with a Moss Side lad over spoofers like Romano, Castles, Ornstein any day of the week
Agree with you Ornstein certainly that he is a waste of time and airspace but bizarrely seems to get airtime on the bbc. I could Google in 20 seconds the rubbish he spouts and does not add anything to what is already widely circulated.

My brother in law's cousin, twice removed, booked an extravagant weekend with Margot Robbie at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

This is 100% true btw and it's going to be an exciting weekend for sure.
I live round the corner from the Beverly Hills Hotel (no really) do you want me to see if they checked in?

I can’t fathom how thick some posters are, tolmie gives us info, that is all. Sometimes dressed up as clues, sometimes straight off the bat. He gets loads right, absolutely loads. He doesn’t drag the player to city and make them sign, he doesn’t guarantee a player is done, he simply gives us info which may lead to a player ending up at city.

It’s close season rumour mill with entertainment mixed in and many a blue enjoy it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.