It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

No to Dybala for me. I think we are done once we sign Cucuarella. There are probably no realistic attacking targets available.

Long and short of it is that we need to replace Sterling. Alvarez can play across the front 3 but made his mark recently as a centre forward. Palmer, Mahrez, Bernardo and Grealish can play on the right but not one will try to go outside on the right. Every single one will cut in. On the left we have Foden and Grealish only. Grealish is another who doesn’t go outside.

Start of last season we had Torres, Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez, Grealish, Foden and Palmer. This season we have Haaland, Alvarez, Mahrez, Grealish, Foden and Palmer. So we have probably better quality but less options and arguably lots of similar players- 2 orthodox forwards, 2 left footed right wingers, one right footed left wing and one left footer who plays left but can play in the right.

Ultimately if we need a goal, one of this games against a parked bus, who do we have that’s different to change a game? That’s a big concern for me.

Why can't we just find the best players in the Dutch league? It seems to be the most awesome strategy of the modern era.

No to Dybala for me. I think we are done once we sign Cucuarella. There are probably no realistic attacking targets available.

The club has shown they are more than happy to go with what we have and wait for the right player to become available. I much prefer them doing that and signing the correct player than panic buy any winger currently available.

Squad depth, assuming Cucurella joins:
Ederson (Ortega)
Cancelo (Walker) Dias (Stones) Laporte (Ake) Cucurella (Zinchenko)
KDB (Gundogan) Rodri (Phillips) Bernardo (McAtee)
Foden (Grealish) Haaland (Alvarez + Delap) Mahrez (Palmer)

Thats a phenomenal squad, and most of them are able to cover more than one position as well! People act like if starting Palmer instead of Mahrez would make our chances of winning drop from 90 to 50 %, thats laughable, he is a top class talent who Pep obviously believe in. This squad is stronger than the one who won the league last year in GK, defence, mid & attack, with a lot of potential within it to become even better. Pep dont want 2 world class players on every position since he thinks it makes it impossible to keep everybody happy which could lead to dressing room unrest. If this is our team this season we will win the league again, and perhaps a lot more than that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.