Running thread

2 runs this week. Easy 2.5 miles on Tuesday during my lunch break and steady/easy 4 miles which was week 9 run 1 of my HM training plan. Felt hot out there and don't like running in evening as too many people about and always feel it's bit stop/start
Totally agree about the running in the evening, it's a totally different game to the morning when there's hardly any folk about, add that to the fact that everyone in the evening seems so angry and evening running is something I only do if totally necessary

Up in Chorlton this weekend for the beer festival so took part in the Sale Water Parkrun this morning. More challenging than the ones I've previously done as there's a bit of undulation & some running on scree on the banks of the Mersey but all good fun, and I didn't finish last!

I managed a 5 mile trail run this morning.

It was my first run since the end of May, during which time I've clocked up nearly 700 miles on the road bike.

It seemed dead easy running up hill but murder down some of the steeper sections, which are barely runnable really. I got a bit of muscle cramps down hill
which I managed to stretch out and relived on the next up hill bit. I think it's because cycling is not weight bearing and so lose muscle ability to take impacts. Anyway, good to mix it up a bit with bike and run.

I was wondering what trainers everyone is wearing these days? And do you like them?
I went for these last time out.

2c5603a91c05d3c6f8f4ed83c97d88cb.jpg

On Cloudmonster. Not cheap, but I've found them really good. I like a lot of cushion as I used to get easily bruised heels. Not with these.

My first of this brand. The top feels a bit loose, but running is really good nonetheless. I will wait to see the mileage I've had out of them before deciding, but I think I'd get another pair.

Did 10km today in them in pretty hot conditions, finishing in less than an hour. Very satisfying.

I went for these last time out.

2c5603a91c05d3c6f8f4ed83c97d88cb.jpg

On Cloudmonster. Not cheap, but I've found them really good. I like a lot of cushion as I used to get easily bruised heels. Not with these.

My first of this brand. The top feels a bit loose, but running is really good nonetheless. I will wait to see the mileage I've had out of them before deciding, but I think I'd get another pair.

Did 10km today in them in pretty hot conditions, finishing in less than an hour. Very satisfying.
Thanks. I went to the mall the other day and there were loads of good deals. I ended up getting the Asics Novablast 2 for £84 rather than £100. Went for my first run in them and they're pretty nice. Much better than my old cheapish trainers from Sports Direct. I've got a fucked left ankle with pins and plate in it, so hopefully the extra cushioning helps.

did the London 10k Sunday - expensive, but by far the best 10k - all around the landmarks - live bands and drummers all round the route and a great crowd

just a shame i was unfit, fat and not prepared for it - did it 1 hour dead on, so could've been worse but that's a huge 11 mins outside my PB a few years ago

off the booze cruise and back to run everyday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.