Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he signs we'll have 4 CB's (him, Stones, Laporte and Dias) 3 LB's (Zinch, him and Cancelo) and 2 RB's (Cancelo, Walker) with Stones also able to fit in well at RB. So 7 players for 4 positions. I think that's enough personally. If we have 4 injuries then that would be a freak event and would need to shuffle Rodri and Phillips in there or use the academy lads like every other team in the world would have to do. I don't think you can plan for that amount of injuries due to players not getting enough game time if they are all fit, or having to play players that aren't as good or out of form just to appease them - as has been the case for Raz over the last two years
Yeah you count him and Cancelo twice. I mean for the primary position we should have 4 CB and 4 FB. Currently 4 CB Stones Dias Laporte and Ake. 3FB Walker Cancelo and Zinch. It is common to have 1 or 2 injuries in the back line when arriving at CL knockout stage. And for one or two defenders accumulate enough yellows to be suspended. That takes 2-4 bodies out and the rest 4-6 are just barely enough for starting+subs given the 5 subs rule. Thus a total of 8 bodies of CB+FB are needed.

As for the playing time, I agree with someone in the other thread mentioned we need an experiment CB not demanding too much game time (like T-Silva deal for Chelsea) as a 4th CB. But we really need a good LB option because there is little sign of the Zinch extension and Cancelo may return to the right as Walker ages.

Yeah you count him and Cancelo twice. I mean for the primary position we should have 4 CB and 4 FB. Currently 4 CB Stones Dias Laporte and Ake. 3FB Walker Cancelo and Zinch. It is common to have 1 or 2 injuries in the back line when arriving at CL knockout stage. And for one or two defenders accumulate enough yellows to be suspended. That takes 2-4 bodies out and the rest 4-6 are just barely enough for starting+subs given the 5 subs rule. Thus a total of 8 bodies of CB+FB are needed.
It feels better, I'd agree.
On the other hand we would have to replace 1,740 minutes
if Aké would leave.
What player would be keen on that?
How could 2 players share that??

Of course, it's just the last season, but neither Dias, Stones or Zinny could say they were being overplayed. Here are the minute numbers for 2021/22:

Walker.......2,650
Cancelo.....4,600
Stones.......2,150
Dias..........3,200
Laporte......3,750
Aké...........1,740
Zinchenko...1,840

That's an average of 2,847 minutes. That's not too much IMO.

I have the feeling we want to optimize the players' potential instead of having too many unhappy players waiting for more minutes.
Aké is/was about the perfect fit for our setup.
Really exciting what solution Txiki will come up with...

Last edited:
It is both aren't for sale this season.

But City are a far bigger draw for a Leipzig player than Barca is for a City player.
The lad would be looking at a cracking wage, and the opportunity to win 3/4 trophies. At Leipzig, he gets non of that.

But City are a far bigger draw for a Leipzig player than Barca is for a City player.
The lad would be looking at a cracking wage, and the opportunity to win 3/4 trophies. At Leipzig, he gets non of that.

Plus, we are actually capable of paying for him, if there was any truth to it, whereas Barcelona are not. On the other hand, we would probably be more willing to bot stand in Bernardo's way were there an appropriate fee, than Liepzig would potentially.

Not really seen anything to suggest there is real interest on this one, but if there was, we have been damn good to Liepzig over Angelino and helped them secure a player they wanted. You'd like to think there would be some goodwill built there if it came to it where they might be less stubborn with us than with other clubs.

I still have no idea what his value would actually be, people on here say 70m+, but all i've seen is 45-50m, even Sky had 50m when loosely linking him to us last week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.